Railwire Broadband

My LCO just confirmed. He said upgrade is from March 1st.

But why is post FUP @512 Kbps ? I was hoping that the next upgrade would take it to 2 Mbps at the least.
dont know, atleast they should have retained their existing post FUP speed. real problem is once the data exhausted, we cant recharge again immediately to regain the speed and data. either we need to live with 512kbps until the completion of the billing period or top-up the data (topup??? is it not yet dead in telecom industry? providers are moving into data rollover kind of options to customers and railwire is still dealing with topups) Their true unlimited plans are still not in today's standards. 2mbps costs 900 without tax. cherinet is providing 100mbps truly unlimited for 999 without tax.

Need to move on i guess.

Last edited:
Considering how much they raised FUP, it is hard to cross FUP with the same amount we are paying right now. They might want us to use topups like the Jio way.

Can we take to their Twitter handle about 512 Kbps limit ?

still their FUP limits are way lower than other providers. 200GB of data consumption is pretty common now a days. Since they are providing lower FUP limits, they should consider having data roll over option to make customers feel more value for the money they are paying. Let them continue with topup just as an option, but roll over is must now a days. I do not think they will listen to twitter requests and all. their twitter account is idle from june last year. You cant expect much response from a provider whom does not even have an online payment option which many people had requested multiple times.

For me the their line quality and up time is good. Sometimes, I get slow speed and occasional outages. It is mostly BSNL or Railwire. In that case, you know what to choose.

their twitter account is idle from june last year

Any other ways to reach out to them ? There is no way to get notified of new plans even.

i had raised a ticket in their customer portal. no response till now. most of tickets i raise used to move to close without proper justifications. I do not expect a proper response for my current request as well. 512kbps is what they had decided. its up to them to think practically and reverse it. none of the customer requests will influence in their decisions.

Using portal tickets are of no use. The ones I tried long back have still not made any response.

Personally, I am happy with current upgrade of FUP limit. The only thing that I cannot approve it the dip of post FUP from 1 Mbps to 512 Kbps.[DOUBLEPOST=1520424016][/DOUBLEPOST]@Rajesh.Kumar They have put old plans back on the tariff page. Did you start using the new plans ? Is there any roll back ?

Last edited:
Using portal tickets are of no use. The ones I tried long back have still not made any response.

Personally, I am happy with current upgrade of FUP limit. The only thing that I cannot approve it the dip of post FUP from 1 Mbps to 512 Kbps.[DOUBLEPOST=1520424016][/DOUBLEPOST]@Rajesh.Kumar They have put old plans back on the tariff page. Did you start using the new plans ? Is there any roll back ?
No, am still in old plan. did you check with your LCO about the updated plans availability?

LCO told me that the new plans are running from March 1. But since the website got those tariff listing reversed, I am not sure what its status is.

LCO told me that the new plans are running from March 1. But since the website got those tariff listing reversed, I am not sure what its status is.
Looks like website still holds the old plan, but upgraded plans are active from this month. I got my plan upgraded to 75mbps & 300GB for the same tariff. Confirmed with LCO as well.

Anyone using railwire to connect to PS4 or XBone.. If so what is your nat type? Mine is Nat type 3.. Even though my operator provided me to static ip its still nat type 3. My consoles are connected wirelessly via router. Should i try a lan to connect the consoles.. Any advice guys..
fc6dce3520c661636df9cbb91f815c5b.jpg
1f6678562a51ab9e8c3b838d9b614af2.jpg
Finally got it worked Just requested a Gaming IP from Railwire and the gave an ip unblocked all the required ports too. Now it is NAT TYPE 2

1120 plan. speed upgraded to 75mbps. having tplink archer c50 which is dual band works without any issue. tested speed on my win10 laptop and shield. getting 75mbps as-is. no buffering on 4k videos on youtube. good upgrade i would say. not tested on phone yet. i dont see any need to test it till now in smartphone.

I got an SMS today saying if we recharge before expiry, you will get 2 days additional validity.

i got the same msg as well. btw, data usage got upgraded to all the plans looks like. am still in old plan 75mbps - 300GB. website showing 500GB as the new data usage. guess jio giga is inching closer to reality for all registered consumers

Back