Graphic Cards R9 390x 390 380 Reviews

Really disappointed by the performance of the RED team.I was expecting similar performance at lower price point. gtx 960& 970 makes much more sence than 380 and 390.

^^ Even that is not much different in performance from 290X. Maybe 1 or 2 frames more in some games The only change is 8GB VRAM which should make future 4k gaming practical although I am not sure how much the GPU would be able to cope.

^^ Even that is not much different in performance from 290X. Maybe 1 or 2 frames more in some games The only change is 8GB VRAM which should make future 4k gaming practical although I am not sure how much the GPU would be able to cope.

Makes sense the 290X would make an attractive buy for gaming at 4k with price cuts, without the new gen features.

The leaked benchmarks of the Fury X however look really interesting, beating 908Ti in most benchmarks.

This time its reverse of what we expect. A 380 should/must beat 280x where as it's equivalent to 285. I was eyeing 380 and was thinking that it will be close to 290 but this is such a disappointment where as now 970 looks better.

Yep, quite a disappointing lineup unless you have 40k+ to spend.
no real world performance gains and no decent price cuts - what was amd thinking, considering that it's market share is down to 30%.
They delayed launch from feb to april to june.
could have capitalized on the 3.5gb issue with the 970.
I always liked amd in an 'underdog' sort of way but renaming the same chips and then quacking on about 'a new era in gaming' is annoying.

Also, quite a performance gap between the 380/gtx 960 and 390/gtx 970.
I find this is particularly annoying because it means there is nothing between the 16-18k of a gtx 960 and the 27-30k of the 290/gtx 970.

A 380 should/must beat 280x where as it's equivalent to 285. I was eyeing 380 and was thinking that it will be close to 290 but this is such a disappointment where as now 970 looks better.
The 380 is the exact same gpu as the 285 (i.e. tonga).
The fully unlocked version of that chip (the 380x) it seems is reserved for apple macs only.
which is quite sad considering tonga xt would have given (in theory) 280x like performance at a 25% lower tdp.

Last edited:
Back