Graphic Cards Q --> Zotac warranty details

Spectre

Skilled
Its widely advertised that Zotac provides [2 + 3] years warranty on all their graphics cards.

Reference thread
http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/zotac-gtx-460-1gb-rs-14490-a-170807.html

PhOeNiX said:
Also just to clear some facts

Zotac Warranty is 5 Years in INDIA . All the 2+3 years means is that you need to register the card in 15 days, and then you will get the additional warranty from Zotac INDIA directly. the first 2 years is from Aditya Infotech. You don't need to send it to anywhere outside of India for warranty

Zotac said:
Hello Guys,

I am Deepak Gupta, Country Manager for ZOTAC India, you guys curiosity is very valid so I am here to answer regarding extended warranty part.

Well for extended warranty -

Assuming your has registered his card properly within 2 weeks of purchase, you will contact us over email (info@zotac.com or support@zotac.com) together with his original receipt showing proof and a quick description of the failure of the card and we then will offer him a replacement card if the card still exists or an alternative card that has the same performance (e.g. 8600GT equals now a 220 performance wise).

For India we have Aditya as well as Digilink for ZOTAC product services so after getting your request we will provide you the address where you need to send your card and this whole process managed by ZOTAC Overseas people and they will instruct to Indian service partners to offer the extended warranty to customer.

I think it is quite clear, if any doubt further please let me know

Best Regards
Deepak

Zotac said:
Aditya and Digilink have more than 25 location so it is purely depend upon customer's place, for example if customer is from Bangalore then our RMA team will provide him Aditya or Digilink contact window in Bangalore and those location where both doesn't have then customer have to go nearest service location.

So you guys can consider Aditya's all office would be RMA destination for extended warrant but ZOTAC Oversae's RMA guys will drive them for extended warrant with registration ID and terms & conditions.

So, any card registered within 15 days, will be honoured with full 5 years warranty
First 2 years - direct RMA from Aditya Infotech
Next 3 years - Contact Aditya Infotech and they inturn will contact Zotac overseas and process the RMA

What i need to clarify is assuming the card was registered within 15 days:
Will the +3 years warranty be valid once the first owner sells the card ( like we do on TE market). Will they honor RMA in such cases

Most people are not going to retain their cards for more than 2 years, so this clarification is important for everyone buying used Zotac cards

Positives for Zotac imo
Good brand value, solid built cards
Warranty handled by Aditya Infotech, same guys who handle Sapphire RMA
Released in Indian market very soon after U.S and widely available

So, +3 years warranty for second+ owners will make it a very favourable brand for customers.

Request TE dealers and Zotac Manager to pitch in and provide info on this. Thanks

hmm the thing is they only expect original owner to have original bill. Its probably some sorta legal thingy they commit to original owner who they sold the card to for the length of the warranty, they have no obligation to provide the same to someone they didnt sell the card to.

basically if you have original bill you have warranty, card can be 5th hand but if you have original bill they will honor warranty.

Zloyd said:
hmm the thing is they only expect original owner to have original bill. Its probably some sorta legal thingy they commit to original owner who they sold the card to for the length of the warranty, they have no obligation to provide the same to someone they didnt sell the card to.

basically if you have original bill you have warranty, card can be 5th hand but if you have original bill they will honor warranty.
Pretty much this. They're site mentions I think that no extended warranty will be provided for the card if sold.

I am interested to know about the extra 3 years warranty, which is provided after registration of the card.

Will the 2nd owner (onwards) be able to claim warranty after 2 years, assuming he has the original bill

I remember my friend saying, its not possible. Hence I want to clarify here

There will be lots of Zotac cards for sale in our TE market going forward ( as its available aplenty thesedays)

So, folks would be interested to clarify this

why don't TE dealers of Zotac, clarify on this.

Zloyd said:

Actually no company would honor a second owner of the card, but it's easy to circumvent this if you have the original bill. Why should the extended warranty be treated differently, officially the company will not support it, but should not be an issue if you have the original bill.

Actually no company would honor a second owner of the card, but it's easy to circumvent this if you have the original bill. Why should the extended warranty be treated differently, officially the company will not support it, but should not be an issue if you have the original bill.

Why the 15 days are strict for registration cause i did register my zotac GPU after 3 months later and still i got ticket no. so why they keep saying about this "you've to register in 15 days " policy ??

How can we check whether the warrenty has been extended or not? i have buyed the product and has registered within 15 days of purchase, still i don't know whether my product's warranty has beeen extended or not? please hlep.

IMHO, even the original owner will require the original bill to avail the primary or extended warranty. What matters here is the original bill and the owner doesn't matter. Otherwise they would have asked the identity details of the owner in whose name the card is sold.

I have a query. Does Zotac only provide refurbished cards when defective cards are rma'ed in warranty? I had given a card for RMA and i was informed today that my refurbished card is ready for pickup. Personally the idea of using a refurbished card is not very appealing and when i contacted zotac customer care @9833666901, the concerned person told me that Zotac only repairs cards in warranty and no replacement card is given. Is this true? Can anyone guide me?

Also this seems to contradict with the below statement,

"Hello Guys,

I am Deepak Gupta, Country Manager for ZOTAC India, you guys curiosity is very valid so I am here to answer regarding extended warranty part.

Well for extended warranty -

Assuming your has registered his card properly within 2 weeks of purchase, you will contact us over email (info@zotac.com or support@zotac.com) together with his original receipt showing proof and a quick description of the failure of the card and we then will offer him a replacement card if the card still exists or an alternative card that has the same performance (e.g. 8600GT equals now a 220 performance wise)."

Back