OC & Modding PSU Case Mod. Help.

Greetings everyone
I want to mod the case of generic PSU but i need to know if it's possible and safe. I have attached images for step by step procedure for clarification. Please help. I don't wanna use a pico psu or an SFX psu, i just wanna mod what i have for a slim media player for home.

Thank You.

Attachments

• S0.jpg
    S0.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 116
  • S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 125
  • S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 121
  • S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 121
  • S4.jpg
    S4.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 113
that looks like a lot of unwanted work. Cant you get some acrylic or thick plastic box and just unscrew the mobo and parts from the psu? if the parts can be removed no need to spend energy cutting metal and all that stuff.

That was the initial plan but removing the PCB of a PSU from it is not a good idea is it? I mean we are supposed to do that, right? But you tell me if that's safe...[DOUBLEPOST=1513022160][/DOUBLEPOST]
that looks like a lot of unwanted work. Cant you get some acrylic or thick plastic box and just unscrew the mobo and parts from the psu? if the parts can be removed no need to spend energy cutting metal and all that stuff.
That was the initial plan but removing the PCB of a PSU from it is not a good idea is it? I mean we are supposed to do that, right? But you tell me if that's safe...

Last edited:
How will you cut the aluminium or steel chassis of the psu without removing the pcb? won't cutting metal give rise to lots of metal dust? would you feel safe knowing metal dust would be inside your pcb components while switching it on?

pcb would have been installed on risers or something. instead of messing with sharp metal edges, its better to build your own. if anything goes wrong in design you will still have the original case to put it back inside.

Back