PS3 12GB or PS3 120 GB

pradeep200417

Shunya
Adept
Hi,

I was out in the market to buy the PS3 500Gb model with the 2 free games.
But it seems it is out of stock everywhere. The guy said that it is not available from the company itself.

Should i wait for it to come?

Also they sony center guy said he had the PS3 12Gb and the PS3 120 Gb model.

Should i buy one of this model?
How different are these models compared to the 500Gb version?
Any advantages or disadvantages except the massive size difference.

I only intend to play 1 or 2 games on it at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw that the PS3 500Gb model which was out of stock in Flipkart, is again available now, but at 3k higher price. :(

http://www.flipkart.com/sony-ps3-50...3NHV&ref=dbf64102-4295-4cbc-9843-2c05d7ceda3e

On earlier PS3 models you could upgrade your drive on your own without voiding the warranty. If it still applies now, buy the one with the lowest memory and upgrade the drive on your own. That's what i did.

Also, remember you can store photos, movies, music etc on the drive so in my case bigger is always better.

Again the 500gb model went out of stock. :annoyed:

- - - Updated - - -

It is not available at Flipkart but it is available at Infibeam.
Should i order from Infibeam? Is it safe?

Honestly 160 gigs is more than enough as long as you are not a game collector.

The slim model (if that was what you were recommending) has gone out of stock from most of the retail outlets. Only the newer 12 GB and 500 GB SKUs are available. It doesn't hurt to hunt for the older slims though.

IMO, a 12GB model and a 2.5" 250GB hard drive should be more than sufficient for a dozen game installations. Delete the older installations once the title is done and you are good to go.

Black_Hawk - the hard drive can be easily installed on the 12 GB model by removing the side plate from the console. Refer the ifixit teardown here - PlayStation 3 Super Slim Teardown - iFixit

But please tell me if I can order it from Snapdeal or Infibeam?
I have done lot of transactions at Flipkart.com. They are very good. But i never tried Snapdeal or Infibeam sites?
can someone tell me how are they?

Got my console Yest on 14-Dec-2013. Ebay is better than Flipkart :D
Had the 3 free games in it. Infamous, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword.
Just tested for 5 mins if the console worked yesterday, couldn't play though.

Back