Budget 90k+ Proposal For My First Over-Powered Gaming/Workstation Rig!

DIGINEX

Recruit
TL;DR

Need a Desktop PC, which will used for CAD, rendering and BIM modelling. Gaming often and that too in high profile settings. Video Editing is also on the interests. Overall PC (Case and inside) should be aesthetically pleasing and add with a nice color scheme. Overclock Ready and Custom Waterloops in future.

The project just started of few weeks back since I'm required to start off learning rendering applications and few other CAD tools. Real time rendering requires ray-tracing like V-ray, Mental-Ray etc which indeed require more juice pumping from GPPU's, viz CUDA cores / Open CL. I've a fairly lean towards trying video editing and will run Adobe goodies like Premier Pro, After Effects and few other non-adobe video editing/mixer tools.

Being said, I don't want to compromise on gaming either. A 4k/144hz/VR system ready. I'll be playing BF1 and star citizen if it ever comes out, with higher frame rates of course.

I want a beautiful experience over a competitive edge.
I'm no fan boy to any brands. I had a dream of building the ultimate computer, one where the aesthetics and performance would be epitome.

My estimated budget was around, 1,90,000 INR. Will push it further for adding a monitor, which is worth the specs (QHD, 24" atleast). I'm located at Kerala, So folks from Kerala please locate me the retailers or online shops where I can source them with receipts and sealed guarantee cards.​

Following is my computer, which is done halfway on spec chart:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING CARBON EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card

Future upgrades will include another set of Vengeance LPX, SAMSUNG 950 Pro NVME SSD, and a fully custom watercooling loop.

Considering my budget, Is it better to lean for 950ti and then swap it for a GTX 1080ti?

Suggest me the best looking case to equip all those. Must have fully transparent Side Panel and with proper magnetic filters (sound damping as optional). Should occupy the custom watercooling kits and better airflow with positive pressure.

Suggest me the further build, Also any opinions on so far?

This is my first ever build and there won't be any builds happening anytime soon. So I'm looking for more advises on purchasing components based on branding. Also the services available across India. This forum is my final resort on seeking better suggestions as well as the brand performance overall.

If you are preferring me online retailers over local retailers or further shops, please get me a link if possible.
Thanks.

Some pointers:

- Buy a liquid cooler for that CPU, especially if you wish to overclock
- You need 4 DIMMs for full performance on broadwell-e - get 16x4 or 64GB
- Buy more storage - 256GB is puny. Buy a 512GB M.2 SSD like the 950 pro and a 3-4TB HDD. Seagate Warranty service is aweful these days. I'd suggest getting a WD.
- 1080 ti will launch early january. If you can wait, do wait and get a 950 or some cheap video card till then. If you can't wait, get a 1080.

Go for an Asrock Taichi X99. The best board out there for Price:Specs:Features. If it was available in India at the begining of last month I would have been a proud owner but had to buy something else :(

Get a 4TB WD Black if you can find one. or 2 x 2TB

Just a note that if you can wait for their availability/release, get the newly announced Samsung 960 Pro (or Evo) m2 SSD stick - those are just so juicy - slurrrp!

Some pointers:

- Buy a liquid cooler for that CPU, especially if you wish to overclock
- You need 4 DIMMs for full performance on broadwell-e - get 16x4 or 64GB
- Buy more storage - 256GB is puny. Buy a 512GB M.2 SSD like the 950 pro and a 3-4TB HDD. Seagate Warranty service is aweful these days. I'd suggest getting a WD.
- 1080 ti will launch early january. If you can wait, do wait and get a 950 or some cheap video card till then. If you can't wait, get a 1080.

Considering to add a 240mm radiator AIO for CPU cooling. On going custom waterblocks on future, Can I use the same radiator unit for custom waterloops?

I'll add up more memmory on dedicated DIMM slots on future. Budget currently limited to 2x16 as of now. Considering to add more HDD upto 3TB as rendering job crams more space.

Buying GTX 950 for now and later upgrading to 1080ti makes more sense. If at any point I decided to stick with 1080, which custom card do you advice to buy (performace to service/rma)

Thanks.

Go for an Asrock Taichi X99. The best board out there for Price:Specs:Features. If it was available in India at the begining of last month I would have been a proud owner but had to buy something else :(

Get a 4TB WD Black if you can find one. or 2 x 2TB

ASRock sure got a wide array of affordable X99 motherboard's. Adding more HDD storage.
:)

Just a note that if you can wait for their availability/release, get the newly announced Samsung 960 Pro (or Evo) m2 SSD stick - those are just so juicy - slurrrp!

It's already on my list for future upgrades! Can't claim a FAST PC unless I own one :p

avoid the 3tb barracuda. its been known to have above normal failure rates.

I've had horrible experiences with WD external HDD of what housed my entire HD movies and lossless music files. Never went to service though.
Should I realy choose over WD Black series of both 2TB and 3TB one's.

Thanks.

Considering to add a 240mm radiator AIO for CPU cooling. On going custom waterblocks on future, Can I use the same radiator unit for custom waterloops?

I'll add up more memmory on dedicated DIMM slots on future. Budget currently limited to 2x16 as of now. Considering to add more HDD upto 3TB as rendering job crams more space.

Buying GTX 950 for now and later upgrading to 1080ti makes more sense. If at any point I decided to stick with 1080, which custom card do you advice to buy (performace to service/rma)

Thanks.
Regarding the radiator.u cannot use a aio with custom liquid cooling.u will have to buy stuff seperatly.

I suggest for your budget checking out EKWB they are the buggati of liquid cooling and Ship to India and handle custom's etc.

And you can look over aliexpress.com for every other part aside from water block and radiator. I have shopped over 3 dozen times from both without issues.

Check out my build logs.I made a rig by buying parts from AE and ek recently

ASRock sure got a wide array of affordable X99 motherboard's. Adding more HDD storage.
:)

IMHO spending 50K+ on a motherboard is quite useless. This ASrock board will give you almost all the features you need.

I've had horrible experiences with WD external HDD of what housed my entire HD movies and lossless music files. Never went to service though.
Should I realy choose over WD Black series of both 2TB and 3TB one's.

My experience with WD drives has been great so far *touch wood*. Thinking of buying a 4TB Black as its the ebst bang for the buck (out of the Black drives) but no one has it in stock :(

Regarding the radiator.u cannot use a aio with custom liquid cooling.u will have to buy stuff seperatly.

I suggest for your budget checking out EKWB they are the buggati of liquid cooling and Ship to India and handle custom's etc.

And you can look over aliexpress.com for every other part aside from water block and radiator. I have shopped over 3 dozen times from both without issues.

Check out my build logs.I made a rig by buying parts from AE and ek recently

EKWB made me want to go for custom liquid cooling! Thanks to their most intuitive website and the confugurator. And from this post, I'm confused whether to jump straight to water blocks or wait till I get done with AIO cooling.

I just asked about the radiator and fans that comes with AIO can be used with the same water blocks of EKWB as well or not. If it's possbile anway, then I'll just start one with AIO and then utilise the same radiator unit with custom water blocks. There won't be two of them cooling same inside my system.

Thanks.

IMHO spending 50K+ on a motherboard is quite useless. This ASrock board will give you almost all the features you need.

My experience with WD drives has been great so far *touch wood*. Thinking of buying a 4TB Black as its the ebst bang for the buck (out of the Black drives) but no one has it in stock :(

Mate! You just threw every fancy MoBo's priced at huge ass money worth 50k+ from my list. ASRock 'Taichi' puts every other boards with RGB's glued under the skin to shame.

Steel enforced PCIE Slots and 8-Layer PCB takes one to suspicion for this price. Can I trust this durable additions to house rest of the PC parts which takes over 1500$?!

Post Code Display and dual M.2 slots (though the 2nd M.2 slot will run in SATA mode with CPU) drool factor's for ASRock Taichi and hereby kicking out GIGABYTE MoBo too. I might need only one USB 3.1 and will happily seal it for futureproofing. Got a small query on whethere USB Type-C is Thunderbolt ready or not.

I haven't seen or used any desktop running on ASRock, How's the BIOS and software/driver support? A bit of lean towards ASUS Rampage because of SupremeFX HiFi and ESS SABRE DAC which I really find worth for gaming purposes, other than going for any Audiophile grade DAC's.

Thanks.

EKWB made me want to go for custom liquid cooling! Thanks to their most intuitive website and the confugurator. And from this post, I'm confused whether to jump straight to water blocks or wait till I get done with AIO cooling.

I just asked about the radiator and fans that comes with AIO can be used with the same water blocks of EKWB as well or not. If it's possbile anway, then I'll just start one with AIO and then utilise the same radiator unit with custom water blocks. There won't be two of them cooling same inside my system.

Thanks.
aio coolers are crap and have aluminium radiators and are sealed shut.without doing any major modding no way are you getting aio stuff with custom loop and even then performance will suck.

i rather suggest using the money on custom loop setup
go to aliexpress.com and buy tubing,fittings,a 400mm reservoir and 2 pumps

for ek products drop an email below
pr@amigointernational.biz
ek supremacy evo (top model with gimmicks) wont cost above 7.5k
any other product will hardly be 1k above us price

these guys will handle everything and have the product delivered at your doorstep

rather then racking up 10k on an aio i suggest using the above links and getting all the components by 20 ish days.you can spend the money you save from aio on 3 fat 480 radiators,enough to keep dual xeons chilled

Mate! You just threw every fancy MoBo's priced at huge ass money worth 50k+ from my list. ASRock 'Taichi' puts every other boards with RGB's glued under the skin to shame.

Steel enforced PCIE Slots and 8-Layer PCB takes one to suspicion for this price. Can I trust this durable additions to house rest of the PC parts which takes over 1500$?!

Post Code Display and dual M.2 slots (though the 2nd M.2 slot will run in SATA mode with CPU) drool factor's for ASRock Taichi and hereby kicking out GIGABYTE MoBo too. I might need only one USB 3.1 and will happily seal it for futureproofing. Got a small query on whethere USB Type-C is Thunderbolt ready or not.

I haven't seen or used any desktop running on ASRock, How's the BIOS and software/driver support? A bit of lean towards ASUS Rampage because of SupremeFX HiFi and ESS SABRE DAC which I really find worth for gaming purposes, other than going for any Audiophile grade DAC's.

Thanks.
Unfortunately I can't personally answer your questions with any first hand experience. The Taichi came in a month too late. I was dying to buy one, heck I even though of sourcing it from outside as it was only $220. In the end I couldn't take another risk after my Asus X99-Pro died on me. All the reviews of the Taichi seem to be great so far.

My gigabyte X99P-SLI has USB-C and Thunderbolt 3. (Uses the same port) Don't have any Thunderbolt 3 devices so haven't been able to test it as yet.

Man I actually have half a mind of selling the Giga board to buy the Taichi. But I am happy with a running system.

Back