Program for moving an object on the screen

jammy420

Adept
This is a requirement given to me by a non programmer. I need some help with how to go about it. Which language to use and how. I am new to any web programming. Anything I have to learn new. I think this should be a simple task. Let me know how to do this

I need a computer program which displays a realistic-looking object, say an apple, on the screen. I should be able to drag the apple to any part of the screen by touching it, with mouse or by finger if touch scrern. I should also be able to move it to any part of the screen by some other method which does not involve touching it. For example I could type two numbers discreetly (there should be no visible input line or input question that everyone can see). Based on those two numbers treated as coordinates, the program should move the Apple to that location. Clearly the coordinates must have a range that can be told to me.

I should be able to drag the apple to any part of the screen by touching it, with mouse or by finger if touch scrern. I should also be able to move it to any part of the screen by some other method which does not involve touching it. For example I could type two numbers discreetly (there should be no visible input line or input question that everyone can see). Based on those two numbers treated as coordinates, the program should move the Apple to that location. Clearly the coordinates must have a range that can be told to me.

You'll have various JS events to handle all the scenarios you have mentioned - onClick, onChange etc etc.

Can you give an estimate on how many days it will take for a programmer who already knows this stuff? I literally don't know any of these. Just want to see how much time it will take for me

what are the things I need to install to get the setup ready for programming?
To start with the basic stuffs, you need nothing but just a browser and a basic text editor would suffice (Notepad++, Sublime Text or similar).
Just go through some basic 'canvas' tuts to get starting. If you have knowledge of any programming language, you'll pick thinks up in no time.

For little advanced, you might need a http server locally to test out stuffs.

Back