Profile Evaluation for MS in computer hardware/OS

Hi everyone
I am a 3rd yr UG Electronics and instrumentation. My gpa is 9.27
The point which I want to clear is the following:
I want to do MS in computer hardware or operating systems side. I have taken the subjects in the curriculum. My performance in these subjects were not that good (8/10).
Since I am an electronics major, turns out the grades in analog electronics and Digital VLSI design are good.

So please can anyone suggest me if I have to do some projects in my fourth year to have preference for the MS or should I go for Analog VLSI design only.
Please remember I need advice for MS only not Phd.

Welcome to TE Abhishek !

First of all fix a stream from computer hardware and OS. Next to support it, irrespective of good grades, I would say do some extra work like presenting/writing technical papers, doing some research related projects/internships. This will complement grades, GRE score and overall profile.

Hello,
I just wanted to know one thing more. Is the admission to US universities, with our preferences for the courses which we'd like to do in order (if our credentials are not able to get one, we'd be considered for other course in the college), or you could just fill one course in the department and that's it?
By course I mean the degree in which MS is to be done, Like MS (circuits design) or MS(algorithm design) etc.
Kindly help

When you send application for admission there, you would need to specify single stream; like I want to do MS in Computer Science. I highly doubt you can send applications saying Computer science, if not VLSI, if not something else.

Back