CPU/Mobo Professional Chip Level Repair

Oceanstar

Recruit
I'm looking for a professional and reliable chip level repair service in Mumbai. I have an LGA 775 mobo that has died and at the moment I need to get it fixed till I can upgrade to a new system. Are there any tried and tested people? I've been unable to find any in Mumbai so far. There seem to be some in Delhi but no good ones in aamchi Mumbai.

It's an Asus P5Q-E mobo. The north bridge chip probably needs to be replaced. Thanks.

Last edited:
It's not worth it IMO. Even if you find someone to do it, it'll cost you about Rs.500-1000 to get it fixed, and there won't be any guarantee that it'll work well. I tried to get a laptop motherboard fixed, and it was just a waste of time and money.
Getting a cheap new LGA 775 motherboard will be easier, faster and won't cost that much more.
For an idea about the prices:
http://www.deltapage.com/content/price.htm

Don't go for a repair. My laptop's video chipset burnt out and I went for a repair which costed me about 3500 bucks and after 4 months it again got burnt. Again i paid 2000 bucks citing that it's been hardly any time and it has again stopped working. That repair even didn't survive the test of times and I had to go for complete mobo replacement afterwards.
Better would be get a used board for the time being and sell it off when you're done with it.

there are lots of cheap lga775 boards both new and used that you can consider.
it will be a lot less hassle and time then getting a repair job done. after all, these mobos are mass manufactured in highl automated facilities so no repair job will make it as good as it was.

I would also say the same. Trying to get your motherboard repaired outside would be same as throwing your money down the gutter. I would not recommend it even for things like capacitors. The board will simply go bad again and again every couple of months. Look for a cheap replacement instead.

Look up PC Clinic in Ghatkopar East. My results have been mixed - 50-50%, with one mobo dying after a couple of months, the other still going strong 3 years.

Back