Problems with Yahoo mail

savrom

Disciple
Guys there seems to be a problem with yahoo email service today when I logged in. I am unable to view email and also the website is very slow. :banghead:

Anybody else facing the same problem ?

If yes, Please reply to this post and if possible suggest a solution.

Google is confusing and not friendly at least for me and hate that chat style emails. Looks all kachra clutter.
I still use and prefer yahoo professionally.

yahoo mail has the worst ever ad filled slow interface. You must be a patient man

Totally agree. Half the time, a selected email will not open and one needs to refresh the page.

Yahoo, the company is also a key source of PUP (potentially unwanted programs) that are bundled as part of most free software. I wonder why folks don't talk about this more i.e. we have a supposedly responsible company participating in deploying malware and behaving in such an irresponsible manner when it comes to marketing their products.

Google is confusing and not friendly at least for me and hate that chat style emails. Looks all kachra clutter.
I still use and prefer yahoo professionally.

This is the same reason why I continue to use Yahoo.

I don't understand why one has to "pop" out a reply or hunt for the "send" or other buttons when replying to an email. I cannot believe that this is the best that a company like google could churn out. I wonder if they've ever conducted any usability studies on gmail.

Also, Google continues to be stubborn and does not provide even the "option" of having folders to this day in 2017!!! and I for one cannot deal with the fact that I cannot keep key, related emails in a separate folder.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was google also who started with this nonsense of replacing clear text labels on buttons with symbols that one needs to "hover" over to find out what they do.

Until I find a proper alternative, I'm forced to continue with Yahoo until they go under...which they will if they continue with the these formulas instead of bringing real value to their customers.

Last edited:
Gmail is bakwas.
It creates label on the names of folders but the very same mail is visible both in its label and also in inbox adding more to its already kachra crap structure.

Seems Google doesnt know what a folder is and how it is suppose to work.

Label aint folder but a tag or identity name given to an object. I hope google reads this and improve its kiddish chatty email writing shit methodology.

Yahoo premium is breeze and offers totally different experience. If ever yahoo closes its free email i'll be the first one to buy its paid subscription or even premium ones.

For some reason I cannot open Yahoo mail in browser. It keeps going back to the login page. This is apparently a known bug for many users everywhere. One google search shows up hundreds of such problems.
And this has been happening from last year. I haven't been able to log into the web interface from past year. I use it from the android app only now. Yahoo sucks and should just close down.

Also, Google continues to be stubborn and does not provide even the "option" of having folders to this day in 2017!!! and I for one cannot deal with the fact that I cannot keep key, related emails in a separate folder.
Are you sure about this?
Gmail.jpg

I was having quite a peculiar problem with yahoo mail. I am having a very old account and some aliases for this one of which is my firstname . lastname @ yahoo . com
But sometimes I receive some mails which I am sure I am not the intended recipient. My name is very common name and there many people having the firstname+lastname combo as mine.
I don't use that account as my primary email, I rarely login there. Doesn't seems like being hacked though. :confused:

Gmail is bakwas.
It creates label on the names of folders but the very same mail is visible both in its label and also in inbox adding more to its already kachra crap structure.

Seems Google doesnt know what a folder is and how it is suppose to work.

Label aint folder but a tag or identity name given to an object. I hope google reads this and improve its kiddish chatty email writing shit methodology.

:banghead: o_O
Labels are even more helpful IMO, just because one mail can have multiples of those.
And that can be used like 'folders' just by applying a label and archiving the mail. It won't show in Inbox, but only in 'label' (or folders).
I have even setup my office outlook to similar mode - having multiple tags and respective search folders.

Yahoo - the number of compromised accounts are > 1 Billion. > 1 Billion. No wonder Yahoo Spam filter is useless.
It was one of my first email accounts along with bigfoot & hotmail. I was suing Yahoo only as an archive of some work related emails. Now, moving even that to GMail.

Labels are even more helpful IMO, just because one mail can have multiples of those.
And that can be used like 'folders' just by applying a label and archiving the mail. It won't show in Inbox, but only in 'label' (or folders).
I have even setup my office outlook to similar mode - having multiple tags and respective search folders.

I've not tried this but thanks for sharing this technique. I've never used the "Archive" option in gmail. Looks like I should try it once as I really need to isolate key, important emails.

Edit: Now I can't seem to find the "Archive" option in the cluttered gmail interface :banghead:.

Last edited:
can't seem to find the "Archive" option

Tried this circled button below from Inbox? "Archive" means it goes away from Inbox but is stored in Gmail "archive" with or without any labels you might apply. I have applied "Files" label in this screenshot:

gmail_archive_button2.png

I suppose those are labels and not folders. Can you please confirm? I do not see any option to create folders.
Labels. But they very much help to segregate emails in the same way as we move mails in MS Outlook.
Simply select the email and apply the correct label.
Gmail folder.jpg

And a handy trick is to create rules which will directly move the mails to the labels(Archive) without hitting the inbox
Select the email and create a filter
Gmail create rule.jpg

Just select "Skip the Inbox (Archive it)" option. All your future mails will be directly moved to the folder(label)
Gmail rule.jpg

How to Move Mail to Different Folders in Gmail

Last edited:
Back