Poor ebay Service & worst experince with "onlyoriginalaccessories"

sbhas2k

Adept
Dear All

I purchased Original Samung battery from the seller "onlyoriginalaccessories" after look at his profile at
http://www.ebay.in/usr/onlyoriginalaccessories

I received a battery which is manufactured on Mar 2015 on August 1st week. Within a week, the battery developed problems and i informed the seller regarding the same. He asked me to perform some tests like
1) switch off and recharge completely and then switch on the phone
2) Wait for a few complete charging of battery etc etc.

But the problem wouldn't go away. I also informed him that i purchased online because i didn't have the time to go to the samsung showroom and asked for replacement. He denied it and asked me to visit the service center and during this course of testing more than 2 months passed.

Finally i could find some and visited the samsung customer service and they have asked for a bill. Then i remembers, that i didn't get any bill from the seller and i immediately asked the seller to provide me the bill and which seller refused saying that he had sent. I again requested him, in that case please provide a duplicate bill for which the seller responds that he can't provide the bill as it is more than a month old !!!!
I was like WTH, i can go to vijaysales/chroma and get a bill for the product which was more than a year old, But he simply refused it.

Opened an SR with ebay and spoke with the agent and his supervisor. The supervisor simple refused the request, saying that it is more than 30 days and it is upto me and seller. I argued saying that you can simply send a message to the seller that as per law he is supposed to provide a duplicate bill, but again it was refused blatantly. I told him i was a long time customer, but he simply said, we wont help it and hanged up the phone!!!

Now what are the options available to me?

1) Can i raise a complaint against the seller in consumer court? if yes, please guide
2) Why the seller is refusing to give me the duplicate bill?
2) What kind of ebay service is this? I lost all my hope with eBay. If the seller is not abiding by the law, isn't it the responsibility of ebay to do something?

Also, i would request everyone to generate awareness regarding the seller and such issue.

Thanks all in advance.

See here first you were negligent for not checking for a valid bill/invoice after receipt of the item which is a very strong proof if ever a seller cheats you or doesnt provide necessary service or feedback.
Usually you receive an email upon successfully item delivery which incl. the invoice copy/bill.

If not then you can log into your ebay account and there under Orders you may find the invoice copy. I havent dealed with ebay as it sucks but this is the way amazon, snapdeal etc. follows.

Ebay would not help here as it has crossed their service period request. Infact it would be the same with Amazon or Flipkart. First check if it is a original battery. What price did you buy this for?

Battery is original and was confirmed by Samsung service center. I got it for 550. Problem is not the money, but how the whole matter being handled.

ur fault u dint check bill when it came. ebay wud have helped if u did what ur supposed to. they have a policy of protecting customers till time which u agreed to when u bought on their site.

Sorry to say but you made some mistakes while dealing with the seller.
Also, 1. 550rs for consumer court? I get that you want to do it the right way but the hassle isn't going to be worth it. You can simply give a negative feedback to the seller (if you haven't) and buy a new battery.
2. Actually they are not obliged to. Thats why i make it a point to keep all my original invoices properly and/or get them scanned/photocopied and store them digitally.
3. I'm not sure about the law part.

See here first you were negligent for not checking for a valid bill/invoice after receipt of the item which is a very strong proof if ever a seller cheats you or doesnt provide necessary service or feedback.
Usually you receive an email upon successfully item delivery which incl. the invoice copy/bill.

If not then you can log into your ebay account and there under Orders you may find the invoice copy. I havent dealed with ebay as it sucks but this is the way amazon, snapdeal etc. follows.

Try this first.. Log into your ebay account and then check under "my paisapay".. you should find the bill there..

If not then you can log into your ebay account and there under Orders you may find the invoice copy.

Samsung is not going to honor the invoice copy of eBay in any way. It contains next to nothing. They will need the receipt from the retailer which the seller would have provided. I bought a Samsung GS3 battery on eBay (different seller) and got a proper handwritten receipt along with it.

Are you sure as per law seller is supposed to provide duplicate bill?

No, there is no such compulsion for seller to provide a duplicate receipt.

You can simply give a negative feedback to the seller (if you haven't) and buy a new battery.

Not going to work. Even if he tries to give negative feedback, the seller would just get it reverted. For eBay, there are simply no grounds for negative feedback here.

The OP was a bit negligent and has paid the price for it. Looking at the prices and description, these are not even retail batteries. I am not sure about the applicability of warranty on such batteries.

Last edited:
Yes, that's true. My mistake, but was highly disappointed with ebay and the seller. Atleast I expect ebay just to send some mail regarding the trade

Back