Poco F1 smartphone officially launched! (With SD845, 6GB/64GB starting 21k)

PbgI8SE.jpg

Can someone tell me how good the cameras are/will be from the numbers? Just wanna know a little preview.
Check this out vs Pixel XL

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5wfXLTKArGMZjwoQ9

I'll have to revise what i said earlier. It looks like the F1 has a decent camera. It's quite wide too, 20mm equivalent which barring LG's i've never seen before on a phone camera. Xperias would be 24-25mm. The wider angle does detract slightly in details in the plant portraits but is otherwise decent. No distortion.

Could be improved further with a gcam port if available.

Remains to be seen if they use video stabilisation since there is no OIS. The 845 offers this if vendors pay for it.

Last edited:
Check this out vs Pixel XL

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5wfXLTKArGMZjwoQ9

I'll have to revise what i said earlier. It looks like the F1 has a decent camera. It's quite wide too, 20mm equivalent which barring LG's i've never seen before on a phone camera. Xperias would be 24-25mm. The wider angle does detract slightly in details in the plant portraits but is otherwise decent. No distortion.

Could be improved further with a gcam port if available.

Remains to be seen if they use video stabilisation since there is no OIS. The 845 offers this if vendors pay for it.

Gcam port is available, in beta version though

"DRM Info app running on the Pocophone F1, which reveals only Widevine L3"

... frankly I'm not sure what this really means or what are the implications to most users.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...devine-l1-hd-playback-netflix-apps-dont-work/

AndroidPure has posted a screenshot of the DRM Info app running on the Pocophone F1, which reveals only Widevine L3 is supported. That means apps that require full L1 either won't work or will have limited functionality. For example, Netflix won't stream in HD without Widevine L1.

The OnePlus 5 and 5T originally had the same problem, and the 'fix' required owners to send back their phones to receive replacements with updated firmware. We've reached out to Xiaomi for comment, and we will update this post if we get a response.

And this is the case with most of the chinese affordable flagships including OnePlus till 5t. Only OnePlus 6 ha widevien l1 support. Samsung has this since S6.
Moreover L1 support cant be pushed OTA.
Ya, that's what the article says. I meant what else.

I was lookking at lenovos tabs since they were the only game in town last year but the forums were full of people complaining about things not working. thing is i know people who had their tab and no trouble as well.

What a difference with moto, same company different people.
I too have some serious problems with my Moto G5+.
DO NOT BUY LENOVO/MOTO SMARTPHONES/TABS AT ANY COST!
Lenovo has also completely destroyed Moto. There are several issues with mine. What I learned the hard way is reviewers/review pieces don't get used for so long, long enough for the users/reviewers to come across the problems and are thus not addressed. Some are small issues but very annoying ones. And worse, there's no update for these things. First few months were good. Then it degraded. Crying to Lenovo/Moto support don't help. Reliability is third class.

Once I get rid of this junk I hope to get a Nokia or better.[DOUBLEPOST=1535948770][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is that the number of "interest" or full orders? It's impressive. Also a friend of mine in some other stats ordered the phone and got it in some 3 days. Ordered on Saturday and got on Tuesday.

Back