Poco F1 smartphone officially launched! (With SD845, 6GB/64GB starting 21k)

Discussion in 'Latest Technology News' started by iPwnz, Aug 22, 2018.

1. iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Poco, a sub-brand of Xiaomi launched the Poco F1 smartphone today.

Poco F1 variants:
    6GB+64GB for 20,999rs
    6GB+128GB for 23,999rs
    8GB+256GB for 28,999rs
    Armored edition 8GB+256GB for 29,999rs

IMG_20180822_151643.jpg
    IMG_20180822_151108.jpg
    IMG_20180822_151548.jpg

Via IndiaPOCO

IMG_20180822_151847.jpg
    IMG_20180822_151849.jpg
    IMG_20180822_151851.jpg
    IMG_20180822_151853.jpg

Photos via Chunkynerd/Android Central

Specs:
    Build:
    Front Glass, plastic body
    SIM: Hybrid Dual-SIM
    Size: 6.18" 82.2% screen-body ratio
    Glass: Gorilla Glass 3
    Chipset: SD 845
    CPU: Octacore (4x 2.8GHz Kyro 385 Gold, 4x 1.8GHz Kyro 385 Silver)
    GPU: Adreno 630
    RAM/Storage: 6GB+64GB; 6GB+128GB; 8GB+256GB
    Primary Camera: Dual camera 12MP f/1.9, 1/2.55" + 5MP
    Secondary Camera: 20MP f/2.0
    3.5mm jack: Yes
    Battery: Li-Po 4000mah

Full specs on GSMArena

The Verge

#1 iPwnz, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

RIP Honor Play and Nokia 7 Plus. :p

3. swatkats

swatkats Well-Known Member
    Veteran

[​IMG]

Oneplus just got a competitor in their Segment. It shall keep a check on their constant price increase!

SD845 for 21k is Insane! :woot:

Thanks for not forgetting 3.5mm jack! Should be a relief after the Mi A2 Failure!

This is called Flagship killer! ;);)

8GB version back-cover is seriously too good.

#3 swatkats, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  4. skoka123

skoka123 Well-Known Member
    Adept

Gorilla Glass 3!!! Who they hell will buy Gorilla Glass 3? I was expecting at least 5 if not GG6.

5. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

There's only one problem: will the sale be plagued by the Mi's notorious "out of stock" disease?

Don't worry there are lots of other people who will. In fact I believe there are tons of people already lined up for it. Glass 3 is a cost-cutting feature. You make it sound like Xiaomi is shoving it down your throat lmao. I mean tell me again, how many phones come with those specifications and cost only 21k? :)

mh09ad5578 likes this.
  6. swatkats

Veteran

I prefer GorillaGlass 3 to GGlass 5. Three is resistant to scratches, five handles tumbles better. :facepalm:

^^ Thanks @blr_p for correcting!

#6 swatkats, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  7. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Well-Known Member
    Adept

+1. Their shitty sales plus having to buy on flipkart are the reasons why I'll pass.

8. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Can someone tell me how good the cameras are/will be from the numbers? Just wanna know a little preview.

9. zibalingz

zibalingz Well-Known Member
    Disciple

From the GSMarena review -

Good daylight shots, sharp and clear with vivid colours, even without HDR enabled.

Low light shooting is disappointing, pictures have noise and softness or over compensate with sharpness.

Video - 4k 30fps (no EIS) and 1080 30fps (with EIS) should be atleast 60fps.

Pics here - https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p5.php#image10

Crazy_Eddy likes this.
  10. Fenix

Fenix Radhey Krishan
    Adept

Yeah, i hate the flash sales myself. It will be 6 months before i am able to get one. Had to purchase Redmi Note 5 Pro from an offline store.

11. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member
    Adept

Does anyone have idea how much mi tokens will be required to buy this phone?

The different variant of this phone needs more tokens?

12. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

4k in 30fps but no 1080p in 60fps lol. That's very disappointing. Ever since I started using 60fps video on my phone I cannot go back to 30fps anymore. #Ascended60fps :D

13. skoka123

Adept

Hey , Chill. Just because you started the thread does not mean you own Xiaomi and any criticism of the company is a personal affront to you. Grow up!!! Tell me how you thrilled you will be when you drop your 21K phone only to realize the screen is shattered!

Are you sure? Apparently GG4's main feature was increased shatter resistance and GG5 is supposed to be 4 times more resistant compared to GG4. Two days ago I dropped my 5T from a height of 4 ft screen down onto a vitrified floor and it emerged unscathed. Wonder if GG3 would have survived such a hard knock.

14. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

You are overreacting :hilarious:

15. bigbyte

bigbyte Well-Known Member
    Adept

The phone may be lacking couple of things as mentioned in this thread, but hey look at the price.
    Those who are looking for everything, their perfect phone already exists in market, at three times price of course.
    Poco is launched with a very specific audience in mind, and they will pick this in without any second thoughts.

16. blr_p

blr_p Well-Known Member
    Veteran

GG3 does not scratch as easily as GG5. Only came to learn this when some V30 owners mentioned the back having micro scratches. GG5 is less brittle but scratches easier than GG3

So I appalud the GG3 decision :)

Was just about to make a post about this because the VFM lot are going to like the pricing

And the dev lot will be celebrating

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-poco-f1-developer-community/
    --- Post Merged, Aug 23, 2018 ---
    Opposite.

Five handles tumbles better. Three is more resistant to scratches

Get a grippy TPU case and a TPG and both are sorted
    --- Post Merged, Aug 23, 2018 ---
    Not great. Cameras cost and there is no OIS. Rooting & rom lot don't care for cameras

Huawei > oneplus > xiaomi, zte, lenovo

That's how the chinese camera stakes usually go. ZTE's Nubia is an exception.

The hope is some hacked gcam can work

That will be stills. Video will be an entirely different story. More likely using software from a year or more back.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p5.php

#16 blr_p, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  17. swatkats

Veteran

These days, OnePlus trolls boys are trying to post non-sense which is obviously not even a read worth!

18. skoka123

Adept

Trolls will be trolls anyway. But real fans of OnePlus (I still fail to understand why anybody should be a fanboy in the first place) should be very happy with the entry of POCO. OnePlus will now be forced to stop aping flagships and try to create a real VFM. As a consumer I would gladly welcome more competition.

Fenix likes this.
  19. blr_p

blr_p Well-Known Member
    Veteran

Spacescreamer likes this.
  20. kaneunderground

kaneunderground Well-Known Member
    Adept

Boy o boy these phone manufactures they keep coming with so many phones every week , just wondering how often people buy phone in a month or 6 months? or stick to their phones for atleast 3 years or 5 ?