Please Suggest A Broadband Connection in Pune (Viman Nagar)

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Hi guys,

I am shifting my residence to a new place. This is opp to Giga Space in Viman Nagar (facing nagar road).
Previously I was using TIBB but now they dont have feasibility in this area.
I am in contact with Airtel and Tikona but both have not yet replied.

Please let me know if you know any other ISP providing service in this area.
Else I will have to settle with BSNL which I am not really keen to do :hap5:

Do let me know if you need any more details.

I am attaching the exact location in the attached images. Its exactly 100mtrs from Main road(Nagar Road).
Society is Rajnigandha Society. Somnath Nagar.
Any help / suggestions will be highly appreciated.

:( I checked with Airtel. They have service on the other side of Nagar road not on my side :( though the distance of the building having AirTel BB is just 150mtrs ....
Still I am trying to get in contact with some seniors at Airtel to expand thrie service to my society...
Any other option... Like Tikona or any other private players??

I had Reliance WiMax connection while in Viman Nagar since Aitel (initially) wouldn't service my building. Never had a problem and always got advertised speeds. PM me if you want the contact number.

I'm on the 'other' side of viman nagar, and I've got airtel. But all airtels plans have fup's so they're not really good.
I keep getting leaflets from tata indicom under my door, and iirc they've got better plans than airtel. I'll pm you the number the next time I see a leaflet. Their service used to suck, but I heard it's gotten considerably better.

oops...just noticed that tata told you that they can't provide bb to you.
Weird..it's not like viman nagars that big.

ya TIBB said that :)

Anyways. To be exact I stay just opp. to CTR company on Nagar road. The area is called Somnath Nagar but it is just 100mtrs from Nagar Road :(

Tried AirTel :(
Tried Tikona - Guys yet not come there. Will reply in a day or two.
YOU Tele : They sent me a SMS saying my request was serviced?? Idiots. I did not even get a call from them.

What more you suggest.....

vishalrao said:
wow lucky you... airtel :) get the 4 mbps plans 1399 or 1799 and enjoy life...

There is a big catch of FUP in this plans.
Anyways if Airtel agrees to give service there I can somehow manage the FUP.
Vishal are you using BSNL? Which plan and in which area? Have u tried torrents with that? how consistent is it?

guess your only option is bsnl, and the only plans worth taking are
1) BB Home UL 750 - 256kbp/s
2)Home UL 1350 PLUS - 512 kbp/s
The second one is the only plan of theirs without any fup...but that could be an omission.

But do they provide service to your area? I remember when I moved here about 3 yrs back, they didn't have the infrastructure to provide broadband to my house.

ya BSNL BB is present in that building.
I guess thats the only option at present. But Tikona told me that they were extending in Wadgoan Sheri and have reached till Nyati Meadows. I am waiting for their reply.

if you want FUP-free then I guess BSNL is a good option (shock again) with their 256/512kbps UL plans (750/1350) assuming they're still available...

i was on 1350UL and did a LOT of downloading but now my hard disk keeps complaining so i switched to the 2799 plan (8 mbps 50gb hard limit)... really quenches my thirst for speed :D

(i've heard mostly bad things about tikona, so proceed with caution with them)

onlyravi said:
There is a big catch of FUP in this plans.

well, you get 50 gb downloads per month at 4 mbps for rs 1799 then it is still unlimited but speed drops to 256kbps... how much do/can you want to download every month?! rather just meet other folks and leech data off them locally :D

vishalrao said:
if you want FUP-free then I guess BSNL is a good option (shock again) with their 256/512kbps UL plans (750/1350) assuming they're still available...

i was on 1350UL and did a LOT of downloading but now my hard disk keeps complaining so i switched to the 2799 plan (8 mbps 50gb hard limit)... really quenches my thirst for speed :D

(i've heard mostly bad things about tikona, so proceed with caution with them)

well, you get 50 gb downloads per month at 4 mbps for rs 1799 then it is still unlimited but speed drops to 256kbps... how much do/can you want to download every month?! rather just meet other folks and leech data off them locally
:D

What use of 50gb limit with exteemly overpriced 4 mbps plan ( In actual its 256kbps unlimited connection at 1799/- per month)

50GB data will go away in just 7 PC games DVD or 75 low quality DVD rip video movies or in just 3-4 1080P movies. On 4mbps 50gb data is just a game of 14 hours continues download.

ya I observed that I d/l abt 90-110 GB a month with my current Tata Indicom BB.
Also I have a XBOX which I connect online and download lots of stuff.
And when I am paying for UNLIMITED why shd thr be any limits. I feel this way.

How abt HAYAI?? Does any body know their customer care no or any contact office in pune? Their site is down for ages now. Anybody in Viman Nagar or nearby using HAYAI??
or any such private operator??

lol @ hayai... by the time they implement their 100 mbps fiber network in pune even BSNL will have 1 gbps ready :D

I tried MTS Mblaze, the speed is good for surfing and mailing but not good for downloading. They charged me Rs60 only for 2 hrs of surfing :(
Guys pls suggest something good.

hey Guys.... Finally I got a BB connection in my area. Its Tikona.
The guy collected the documents on saturday and the verification and installation was done on Sunday.
Though the speed is not very good currently coz I dont have clear line of sight with their access point, it will be resolved in a week or so.
I have opted for the 1mbps plan (XFUL1399) which has a contention ration of only 1:8.
and upload speed of 512. currently I am getting d/l speed only of 512 but its ok than having nothing :)

Thanks for your support guys.
(Reliance guy never came to my place inspite of calling him repeatedly).

Back