Less than 10K Phone for whatsapp and video chatting for Parents

My parents who use old school Nokia need a new phone so that we can send pictures of our new daughter and ourselves. and probbaly videochat also:) They both presently use NOkia X2 sort of phones.
What phone do you guys recommend which is hassle free, easy to use for parents and has very good batter back up. Battery is important as thhey despise charging phones twice a day like we do. And they travel a lot for work so this also creates a nuissance to them unlike us.

Sie should be under 4 to 4.7 inch.Touchscreen.good camera and batter backup

I have shortlisted Redmi 2, Asus Zenphone 5 and Moto E. What do you guys think?

Redmi 2 good screen but no backlit buttons , bad for older people at night , but good screen ( HD ) , Asus has bad battery life , check on forum for its disadvantages . That leaves moto g and e . I have a moto g ( 1st gen) , its awesome , great built quality and screen ( HD ) . New moto e should be a good screen qhd . But I'd suggest buy moto g any generation depending on your budget .
BTW miui is difficult to operate for older people as compared to stock android on moto series .
Disclaimer .. I own moto g/e first gen and redmi 1s and redmi note 4g .[emoji3]

Just got my mom a moto E 1st gen. Comfortable to use and lasts 4 days easily with data and wi-fi off and about 1 hour or so of calling each day.

Get the moto E 2nd gen (4G) Available for ~7.5k today on FK. Even if you don't use 4G the upgrade from SD200 to SD410 is worth the Rs.500-Rs.1000 premium

My mom who's least tech friendly adapted easier to a tablet (notion ink cain) than a mobile (moto defy) but that may well be because of the mobile in question.
I agree with above view of Moto E second gen. Very solid. Redmi 2 is also a solid contender.

Does the second gen moto e have any mic issues? have been reading too many negative reviews regarding voices not being audible on the other end because of the mic placement at the back of the phone

Back