Budget 10-15K Phone around 15k

Arkon

Disciple
I had a 2 year old Lumia 650, which I sadly dropped and shattered the screen. Apparently a new screen will cost me 5k, so I would rather buy a new phone than spend so much on an old phone.

1. Budget?
A: INR 15k ish

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Not bothered too much. 4- 5 inch should be fine.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android or iOS, latest one, or upgradable to the the latest one

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Would like to avoid Chinese brands

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calling, cab booking, maps and browser primarily. I want a good camera.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual preferably, but single will do too.

I shortlisted Moto G5+ (11.5k), Nokia 6 (13.5k) and iPhone SE (17k). All after Amazon Citi discount. Any other phone I should consider?

The phone must not lag in normal use. I want a good camera.

Do you think iPhone SE @ 17k is VFM? I prefer good privacy options on the phone, and iOS is ahead of android in that respect.

If no lag is important, I would suggest to skip the Nokia 6 due to its not so good processor. The iPhone is a good bet, but you are buying something quite old. The G5+ is a good bet. I would advice to see if you can increase your budget to the OP3T or even the iPhone 6?

Privacy is an illusion in that respect - if you are worried about Google FUD, then don't use their services. I would be more worried about Apple, because all the glam on the outside about being privacy and all, plus closed & no bug reporting is not really reassuring to me. But then, if you cannot comprehend this, then just let it go.

The phone has a shattered screen. Will it be eligible for buyback/exchange?

Nope :(

If no lag is important, I would suggest to skip the Nokia 6 due to its not so good processor. The iPhone is a good bet, but you are buying something quite old. The G5+ is a good bet. I would advice to see if you can increase your budget to the OP3T or even the iPhone 6?

Privacy is an illusion in that respect - if you are worried about Google FUD, then don't use their services. I would be more worried about Apple, because all the glam on the outside about being privacy and all, plus closed & no bug reporting is not really reassuring to me. But then, if you cannot comprehend this, then just let it go.

Budget is not a problem, but I am very careless and drop phones quite often. That is the reason I don't want to buy expensive phones.

Well, Apple has all the anti-tracking stuff in their new OS, and Google's entire business model is to sell your data for ads.

Nope :(

Budget is not a problem, but I am very careless and drop phones quite often. That is the reason I don't want to buy expensive phones.

Well, Apple has all the anti-tracking stuff in their new OS, and Google's entire business model is to sell your data for ads.

Get a good cover from Incipio (I had gotten one for my Burst and it was great) or Otterbox, and you are almost set.

As to the latter, I dunno. You should also avoid using Google, Microsoft services, pay for using search engines, emails and all, because there is no free lunch.

Get a good cover from Incipio (I had gotten one for my Burst and it was great) or Otterbox, and you are almost set.

As to the latter, I dunno. You should also avoid using Google, Microsoft services, pay for using search engines, emails and all, because there is no free lunch.

Its not just giving data to Google or Microsoft. Almost any app I install requires unnecessary permissions. Ola and Uber want access to your contacts for example. I usually block those attempts. There was a very recent controversy about Uber using your location data even when you are not using the app. iOS generally has a better permission system than android.

Its not just giving data to Google or Microsoft. Almost any app I install requires unnecessary permissions. Ola and Uber want access to your contacts for example. I usually block those attempts. There was a very recent controversy about Uber using your location data even when you are not using the app. iOS generally has a better permission system than android.

Whatever man. Peace out.

Back