PC Peripherals PC UPS suggestion <1500rs

adventureguy

Skilled
My zebronics UPS restarts whenever there's a power cut. Need to buy an new UPS. But I know nothing about ups. So I'd like your valuable inputs.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4460
GPU: Asus strix Gtx 960 4GB
Ram: Corsair vengeance 8gb
SMPS: AntecVP500PC
Mobo: gigabyte B85M-Ds3h-A
SSD: Kingston 120gb
Monitor: Generic lenovo 19inch

I think 600va is enough for your setup.. So would suggest to increase your budget and get apc bx600ci-in ups for ~2.2k.. Have 9 of them running at my office & their service is so awesome. Just need to register complain in their toll-free no.. & their servics team will visit your & either get it replaced or change with a new battery (which is most cases happen).. No worries for 2years.. Easy 5-10 mins backup depending on pc power consumption.. I personally also owe a numeric 1kva ups.. It gets me easy 30mins backup when running my fx 8350 & around 45mins with my i5 4690k.. It did cost around 4k though..
So your best bet is Apc bx600c atm.. Lets see what others have to say..

My zebronics UPS gives 20~30mins backup currently but there's a one sec delay before power cut and UPS power start. So my gets shut off. Once I start pc again on UPS, it works for 20~30 mins. This started recently

Anwyays, I have really bad experience with apc guys during my last UPS. They did give a new battery but the ups kept on giving problems and finally it died after warranty got over. So I'm skeptical of apc[DOUBLEPOST=1469555229][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW I have inverter at home, so I just an UPS to support the PC when the power cut happens and the load shifts to inverter. My inverter is more than enough to support the load at home

Ok.. I too was facing similar issue.. Pc used to turn off when there's a powercut.. Changing my psu solved it.. Read somewhere the psu ic's too have something to do for regaining the power until the power kicks in from the ups.. Or maybe its the ups.. But changes are either the psu or the ups.. I am no expert so can't say much.. Hope the prob gets sorted out soon.. Good luck..

My zebronics UPS restarts whenever there's a power cut. Need to buy an new UPS. But I know nothing about ups. So I'd like your valuable inputs.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4460
GPU: Asus strix Gtx 960 4GB
Ram: Corsair vengeance 8gb
SMPS: AntecVP500PC
Mobo: gigabyte B85M-Ds3h-A
SSD: Kingston 120gb
Monitor: Generic lenovo 19inch

Under load when gaming with gtx960 it crosses the 360w threshold so you need at least a 800VA UPS but this is priced equivalent to 1kv so go with APC 1.1k UPS @ 5.4k or CyberPower 1k UPS @ 4k

I'd recommend you to avoid APC.
They don't seem to be able to handle India's voltage fluctuations.
Read far too many stories of them dying.

APC Ups are best regarding products and after sales service.
Dont misguide based on your assumption
There are so many members in the forum using APC products happily.

Get this
APC UPS 1.1 KVA (BX1100C-IN) @ 5.2k

Link:http://mdcomputers.in/apc-ups-1-1-kva-bx1100c-in.html

Last edited:
Under load when gaming with gtx960 it crosses the 360w threshold so you need at least a 800VA UPS but this is priced equivalent to 1kv so go with APC 1.1k UPS @ 5.4k or CyberPower 1k UPS @ 4k
damn. My ups used to handle the power cuts but as it aged , it developed this problem. I do have an inverter at home so I just need UPS to support pc while the power shifts from mains to inverter.

I'll just replace the battery and be done with it I guess[DOUBLEPOST=1469614904][/DOUBLEPOST]
I personally experienced APC. Their customer care is unparalled but the inverter did crap out 3 times in 2 years and finally one other time out of warranty. so Im skeptical about apc

Hence avoid APC. Their service and products both gone beyond worse!!! For expired products they themselves suggest some jugaad policy etc.

Dont be stupid. You proved to the forum.
Actually, I got inspired by your stupidity :p :
Uber is best then comes Ola. All others are total ripoffs.

Ola, Uber experience has to be different for each city, as they don't provide same set of drivers/vehicles across India. These app based cab services are highly unreliable, at least for time-bound activities such as an airport drop.

But APC makes same electronics for entire India. If their components are too fragile, they are bound to fail no matter where you use them.

Power electronics is best left to the local markets, as they know the pulse of the city. APC may be too good for you but user reviews on web paint a different picture. I have far too many American electronics at home and they conk off at the slightest issue.

I was buying an APC UPS in 1996 and everyone asked me to look elsewhere. I hear the same story even after 20 years! It seems the company never worked on the feedback. I bought couple of UPSs since then but the one I am using right now is from 1996 :p.

Actually, I got inspired by your stupidity [emoji14] :

Ola, Uber experience has to be different for each city, as they don't provide same set of drivers/vehicles across India. These app based cab services are highly unreliable, at least for time-bound activities such as an airport drop.

But APC makes same electronics for entire India. If their components are too fragile, they are bound to fail no matter where you use them.

Power electronics is best left to the local markets, as they know the pulse of the city. APC may be too good for you but user reviews on web paint a different picture. I have far too many American electronics at home and they conk off at the slightest issue.

I was buying an APC UPS in 1996 and everyone asked me to look elsewhere. I hear the same story even after 20 years! It seems the company never worked on the feedback. I bought couple of UPSs since then but the one I am using right now is from 1996 :p.
I think your stupidity knows no bounds because you are buying chinese ripoffs and saying that american products are failed products.

Come on man behave reasonably or else take a Menthol....[emoji106]

I think your stupidity knows no bounds because you are buying chinese ripoffs and saying that american products are failed products.

Come on man behave reasonably or else take a Menthol....[emoji106]
Sir, please teach me how to behave reasonably!

OP is asking for a less than 1.5K UPS and you are suggesting him to buy US branded Chinese stuff for more than 5K?

Sir, please teach me how to behave reasonably!

OP is asking for a less than 1.5K UPS and you are suggesting him to buy US branded Chinese stuff for more than 5K?
OP asked for 1.5k UPS but his config needs bigger UPS, so if you are sane you would suggest accordingly or suggest him an 1.5k UPS which does not support his config.
Finally because of your insane suggestion OP would lose 1.5k and has to buy a new UPS again
Who is acting or thinking sane here. Tell me.
Its your decision finally.

OP asked for 1.5k UPS but his config needs bigger UPS, so if you are sane you would suggest accordingly or suggest him an 1.5k UPS which does not support his config.
Finally because of your insane suggestion OP would lose 1.5k and has to buy a new UPS again
Who is acting or thinking sane here. Tell me.
Its your decision finally.
So, like a sane person, why not suggest him to buy a 1KVA UPS, instead of marketing for APC?

Buying a Intex or similar brand product is like like buying a cheap device, but with higher cost incurred due to replacments etc. if you are sound on this, please go ahead. Ditto for expensive brands, does not mean best quality. YMMV. Just ensure you use good batteries.

Oh, and before someone starts questioning me, we have APC, Zebronics, Intex etc UPS at our factories. The only ones which are still running reliably? APC. No Cyberpower to my knowledge. But they are not cheap though.

Back