Budget 0-20k PC Upgrade confusion: Help needed.

marX

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 4440
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85 D3H
    • GPU - ATI 6850 1GB
    • RAM - G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 mhz 2x4 GB
    • Monitor - Dell 22" IPS (1080P)
    • PSU - Seasonic G 550.
    • Hard Disk: WD Blue 1TB
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor and PSU for sure.
    • Rest, I'm open to suggestions.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Open to suggestions.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade everything after 1 year.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Dealers in Kerala
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Professional CAD/CAM work
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I'm an AMD fan !
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Mordor: Shadow of War
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - Above 1280x720
    2. Desktop -1080P
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • MAC OS (lol)

I'm in a dilemma right now whether to upgrade or not. I want to play the Shadow of War in decent graphics settings but I might move abroad in like 7-8 months. The motherboard, cpu, ram, psu and ram can be shifted to my new place. Also, I would be fully upgrading my PC or buy a next gen console after I get settled in, may be after 1 to 1.5 years from now.

So, what do you guys recommend me to get right now ?

Your current specs are okay for 1080p gaming apart from GPU. Wait for one month for graphics card prices to drop slightly after new rtx cards launches and then buy an 1060 6GB and you should be fine for next 4~5 years for 1080p gaming.

Yeah you could throw in another 2X4GB sticks, making it 16GB in total.. which is what I use currently
Modern games like CoD IW, Far Cry 5 etc do tend to make use of more than 8GB of RAM

one guy is selling e3 1275v3 on erodov. e3 1275v3 is server variant of i7 4770 and also has igpu. i7 level processor will make huge difference if you are buying a card like gtx 1060.

+1 the i5 can bottleneck games like assasins creed syndicate in some places. I have used a i5 4590 before getting the 4790k i am currently using.

Back