Budget 21-30k PC for adobe photoshop(maybe hackintosh)

Did you install OSX ? Lag could be could be cause of the install, or the app. Check ram usage to find out if ram is the bottleneck. Adding 8gb more wont hurt though, but it might not be the solution.
No, installed windows 10 pro. There is a deadline coming for him so he didn't install OSX yet. It's actually depressing :( His 7 year old amd pc ran the software perfectly but this i5 with 1050ti is lagging a bit while zooming in. He's using CS6 so maybe thats the reason?

8 GB should be good enough unless he is dealing with very large files and lots of layers. Some of the creative team members at my workplace still use 3 year old windows 7 machines with Quad core CPU and 8 GB RAM for their work and they regularly deal large files.

I hope he is not running Mac OS X (Hackintosh) in some misguided belief that its better than windows for Photoshop. Mac's used to have an edge 15-20 years ago. Not anymore. These days, Adobe CS products run on par and sometimes better and more stable on Windows than Mac.
Unless he uses some software that is exclusive to Mac OS. there is nor reason to setup a Hackintosh instead of simply installing Windows.
He has some professional software which is only available for mac users so he's looking into installing mac os on his pc. We did look at imac but they're horribly priced in india and out of our budget.

No, installed windows 10 pro. There is a deadline coming for him so he didn't install OSX yet. It's actually depressing :( His 7 year old amd pc ran the software perfectly but this i5 with 1050ti is lagging a bit while zooming in. He's using CS6 so maybe thats the reason?

Which version of Photoshop? Is he running the same version on on the old PC too?

This may probably be a Photoshop issue. I can see zoom related lags being reported, but they are mostly for Mac OS though.

In any case, try these settings

http://osxdaily.com/2012/06/05/14-tricks-tweaks-to-speed-up-photoshop-cs6-performance/

Specifically, these ones

5) Set drawing mode to Basic – Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Advanced Settings > Drawing Mode > Basic

6) Turn off Animated Zoom – Preferences > General > Animated Zoom > Uncheck

Which version of Photoshop? Is he running the same version on on the old PC too?

This may probably be a Photoshop issue. I can see zoom related lags being reported, but they are mostly for Mac OS though.

In any case, try these settings

http://osxdaily.com/2012/06/05/14-tricks-tweaks-to-speed-up-photoshop-cs6-performance/

Specifically, these ones

5) Set drawing mode to Basic – Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Advanced Settings > Drawing Mode > Basic

6) Turn off Animated Zoom – Preferences > General > Animated Zoom > Uncheck

This may probably be a Photoshop issue. I can see zoom related lags being reported, but they are mostly for Mac OS though
using same harddisk from old pc so the entire os(windows 10) is same as old pc.[DOUBLEPOST=1507804647][/DOUBLEPOST]
The issue might be with drivers. Check that as well.
will check

Will do. There's a slight delay between brush stoke and actual mouse movement on CS. Not much but a few milliseconds delay which is enough to frustrate any artist. And this was fine in old pc.

Has th graphics card been enabled in the photoshop settings? Any case, try the latest CC release. CS6 is OLD and probably not optimized for latest GPUs. You can easily try the ahem version to see if the problem still exists.

^ yes. graphics card setting is enabled. he has an monthly adobe subscription but still uses old one because of familiarity. He has a deadline coming tomorrow so after that most probably will reinstall the OS and install the latest version

Or what he can do is, he can install Windows 10 on another partition for time being as a work around to get rid of the problem that he is facing.

Installing Windows take hardly 25mins. After installing Windows 10 on a new partition, he can install all his required softwares to complete his work. Once the work is done, he can delete all the partitions and clean install Windows 10.

Just my 2cents.

Back