Budget 0-20k PC for a Basic User

MarkofTeja

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 20-25K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • have to buy all new
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final Config
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • nehru Place
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • no
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • email
    • photoshop basic work
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • nope
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • football manager types / flash games
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. no preference
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Win 10 64 bit or Hackintosh

This PC is for an elderly gent who will be using it for basic purposes.

Pentium g4560
H110 motherboard
8 GB ddr4 ram
Corsair vs 450 watt PSU
WD/ Seagate 1TB hard disk
Any budget mid tower case

I also live in Delhi and have shopped from Nehru place a lot, so if you want any other information you can ask me. If you want I can also build the PC for you.

Last edited:
Pentium g4560
H110 motherboard
8 GB ddr4 ram
Corsair vs 450 watt PSU
WD/ Seagate 1TB hard disk
Any budget mid tower case

I also live in Delhi and have shopped from Nehru place a lot, so if you want any other information you can ask me. If you want I can also build the PC for you.
Get i3 7100 from paytm instead

It can be done, but the gains are not noticeable in day to day usage also the i3 7100 is more expensive.
i3 7100 is better. the pentium is atleast 10% lower in almost everything and lacks a few core instruction sets that make a difference in non-gaming scenarios. Also has a better onboard GPU.

The price of i3 on paytm was 7600.. and pentium is inflated to 6.5k most places.. the difference is not worth sacrificing for 1000 bucks. At this low end, every 10-15% makes a difference.

Back