Budget 51-70k PC for 3D rendering and CAD use

wingrider767

Disciple
Hi all,

I'm looking to build a PC strictly for work-related use at office.

This PC will be used for architectural design. So the softwares i'll be using are 3DS Max, AutoCAD, Photoshop and SketchUp. There will be a lot of 3D rendering work that will be done. Also the PC would run for 10-12 hours on a daily basis and for the occasional heavy 3D rendering work, the PC will be left running overnight.

Please help out in finalising the PC.
  1. What is your budget?
    • INR 65k-70k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • This will be a new PC altogether.
    • UPS not required.
    • Speakers not required
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • NA
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Xeon E3 1230 v3
    • Motherboard - Need help choosing one (B85 vs B87 vs H87 etc)
    • GPU - Sapphire R9 270X
    • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W (Will this suffice, or should i go for a 620W?)
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x 4GB@1600MHz
    • HDD - WD/Hitachi 3.5" 1TB
    • Case - Please suggest one. Something simple in design, as i'll be using this in my office.
    • ODD - Please suggest one.
    • Monitor - 27" LED monitor. Please suggest one.
    • Keyboard/Mouse - Any good wireless keyboard+mouse combo.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This will be the final configuration. Might add only a SSD later.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 3DS MAX rendering
    • AutoCAD
    • Photoshop
    • MS Office tools
    • No gaming or watching movies as this will be for work-related use.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NA
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • NA
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Thanks in advance guys!

• CPU - Intel Xeon E3 1230 v3
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H
  • GPU - Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Dual-X
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHz
  • HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB
  • Case - Deepcool TESSERACT
  • ODD - Asus 24B5ST DVD/RW
  • Monitor - Dell S2240L LED IPS 22"
  • Keyboard/Mouse - Belkin C600 Wireless KB+Mouse

• CPU - Intel Xeon E3 1230 v3
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H
  • GPU - Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Dual-X
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHz
  • HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB
  • Case - Deepcool TESSERACT
  • ODD - Asus 24B5ST DVD/RW
  • Monitor - Dell S2240L LED IPS 22"
  • Keyboard/Mouse - Belkin C600 Wireless KB+Mouse

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm looking specifically at a 27" monitor as it'll be used for a lot of design-related work. Can you recommend a good 27" monitor?

I was doing further research on the usage of graphics cards in 3D rendering. From some of the threads that i went through in Toms Hardware, it appears that NVidia graphics cards are better suited for rendering purposes.

Can someone throw light on what would be a good graphics card for 3D rendering?

Also, I am thinking of increasing the RAM to 16GB for quicker rendering. Can you guys suggest a 8GB RAM ?

I was doing further research on the usage of graphics cards in 3D rendering. From some of the threads that i went through in Toms Hardware, it appears that NVidia graphics cards are better suited for rendering purposes.

Can someone throw light on what would be a good graphics card for 3D rendering?

Also, I am thinking of increasing the RAM to 16GB for quicker rendering. Can you guys suggest a 8GB RAM ?
Asus/Zotac GTX660 2GB,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz .

What will matter the most is your viewport which is heavily dependent on good drivers. You're better off getting a cheap quadro with proper drivers rather than blowing it on a gaming graphics card.

A quick google search threw up this result :
Compare the 560Ti mentioned in the youtube video and its obvious the Quadro is way quicker. You know what gaming GPU the Quadro 600 is based on - a lousy GT 440!

@Crazy_Eddy: thanks for the inputs. I think I'll go for a Quadro K600.

@all: can you guys recommend me a low budget cabinet? Since this machine will be used in office, it will end up under the desk. So the aesthetics don't matter much. Is there any serious downside in going for a low cost generic cabinet?

@Crazy_Eddy: thanks for the inputs. I think I'll go for a Quadro K600.

@all: can you guys recommend me a low budget cabinet? Since this machine will be used in office, it will end up under the desk. So the aesthetics don't matter much. Is there any serious downside in going for a low cost generic cabinet?
Go with Cooler Master Elite 311 @ 2.2k

Back