Windows graphic card gone kaput need replacement ?

girish925

Adept
hello guys today suddenly pc stopped responding, then it went off. now its not even starting no power, checked the smps its working, is it an issue with the motherboard, i noticed whn i press the power button it starts the fan spin a bit n stop again :(

any help will be appreciated :)
girish

Try it on another pc to cross check.
Also try the other pciex slot.
Which model gpu and how old? Was iy overclocked ever?

Seems your card is dead. But before arriving at any conclusion, check it on 2nd pciex slot on your mobo and also on your friends pc.

Graphic card is dead checked it other pc, after connecting the card his pc doesnt start too :( so what options do i have now what should i buy ?

System config its a core 2 duo with 3gb ram around 5 - 6 years old

You can even get away with GT210 for about couple of grands.

Don't even bother with a GT210. I am stuck with it till I upgrade and had to buy it when my UPS blew my old 9600 GT and PSU (alongwith other components). I am sure the onboard graphics of the replacement board is more powerful than GT210. Won't be surprised if my good old 5200FX was faster than this :tearsofjoy:

I second the opinion of getting an used card to save money from a reliable seller. Better cards will cost less than what these at a lesser price.

Gt 620 is out of stock on all sites :([DOUBLEPOST=1433346877][/DOUBLEPOST]can i upgrade to Geforce GT 630 1Gb as 620 is out of stock .. will it support my system config

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Internet Explorer: 9.11.9600.17801
Memory (RAM): 3037 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
CPU Speed: 2928.4 MHz
Motherboard *: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G41M-ES2L

Last edited:
Back