Paytm Wallet Hacked and emptied . Options ?

kuduku

Skilled
Hi
My paytm account got hacked and somebody stole 2000/ by recharging Airtel Mobile 9521458363 at 9.25 pm right now . Available Balance before hack was 2075/
I have called up Paytm , emailed them at care@paytm.com and cybercell@paytm.com . They have given me ticket number but what are my options ? Paytm CC said that they have IP address and Paytm Cybercell will check it
Another thing that password was not changed and i haven't told it anybody nor somebody else has used my laptop or mobile . The number still with me so ...The password was same what i had put even after hack and now i have changed it
I tried calling the Airtel Mobile 9521458363 but not picking up .
Paytm CC was not at all surprised on hearing it and didn't ask even a question . Just said to email Paytm CC . Their wallet transfer has been stopped for upgrade for some time now , hope their database didn't get hacked or Paytm staff member might have only done it .
Dont know .....
So what to do ???

yup , 6 digit , no number or special character .

posted on FB , will try twitter tomorrow
its ok to have weak password when there is nothing in the wallet, but for wallet cash of over 2000, a stonger password was expected.
anyways paytm cc does help if you put your query properly.

Hi
My paytm account got hacked and somebody stole 2000/ by recharging Airtel Mobile 9521458363 at 9.25 pm right now . Available Balance before hack was 2075/
I have called up Paytm , emailed them at care@paytm.com and cybercell@paytm.com . They have given me ticket number but what are my options ? Paytm CC said that they have IP address and Paytm Cybercell will check it
Another thing that password was not changed and i haven't told it anybody nor somebody else has used my laptop or mobile . The number still with me so ...The password was same what i had put even after hack and now i have changed it
I tried calling the Airtel Mobile 9521458363 but not picking up .
Paytm CC was not at all surprised on hearing it and didn't ask even a question . Just said to email Paytm CC . Their wallet transfer has been stopped for upgrade for some time now , hope their database didn't get hacked or Paytm staff member might have only done it .
Dont know .....
So what to do ???
same thing happend with me...my account was hacked yesterday and Recharge of Rs.2000 was done on Airtel Mobile no. 9521458363 . so here is the same hacker hacking our Paytm account.

Please lodge a case with the cyber crime cell immediately!
Do not rely on paytm as they will be more inclined to cover-up any lapses on their part rather than getting your money back.
They do not even refund your money on cancelled/returned orders (only paytm credit).

No matter what both the victims don't discuss your further course of action here. Who knows may be the hacker is lurking here. Both the victims are from same forum.

I have seen increasing number of PayTMs and even MobiKwik Accounts getting hacked across various forums
Especially of those who store above 1K which they get from Cashbacks.
Be very careful guys...time to clear out my wallet :D

Maybe an inside job? It is quite difficult to hack precisely into a/c with larger sums only. Random hits will be a waste of time.

I have used mobikwik but load only what is req'd and use it immediately.

It must be an inside job.

I have an issue opened with Paytm for 5 months now. I have close to Rs 7000 in my wallet and they are not allowing me to transfer it to my bank. This money is not part of any cashbacks.

I had to close my Mobidick account because they were stealing my money. I keep track of all of my spending and that's how I figured out the theft.

Buy something, before you lose it. In the meantime change your password. Of course that would be purely psychological as it won't stop inside jobs.
Alternatively if you don't need anything, offer a discount and ask someone else if they need to buy stuff. Empty your wallet, before someone else does it for you.

I think OP you should send the consumer court complaint notice to paytm without wasting any time. You don't need to hire lawyer to send consumer court notice it's format is available online. You just need to fill the form and send it to them if they're not ready to help you. Those sh**ty startups will not help unless they will find that there reputation is at stake.

I know most of the startups don't follow the standard practice to store critical data because they don't want to waste any extra money on security. Most of the times they don't bother to hire security person. I will not surprised if paytm even don't have any one working on security

@Criminal: offer a discount to people you know to buy stuff from paytm, order on their behalf and you can empty your wallet at a small cost.
You can think of posting a "for sale" thread on TE itself.

Back