Paytm refund confusion

ashish

Adept
I have a very old paytm account but was very rarely used and hence didnt do its kyc.
Now seems they have stopped kyc hence I'm unable load money etc.

Anyways I aint bothered about it but what if I order something and if I cancel it, will I receive the refund money into my paytm wallet or is there an option to get it in my bank account of the respective card used.

Some people say it by default goes into your paytm wallet while some say it gets credited into the bank account used via neft/credit or debit cards.

So please clear the confusion.

Yes seems they have. Kyc is no more accepted by them for old or new accounts.
Even though kyc option is available if you try to verify with any document no it simply throws system error.
Spoken to their CC and they said they are in no plan to reopen kyc process due to govt issues.

I think there was some news a couple days ago about RBI taking their case over paytm bank. So i think the kyc issue is related.

https://www.businesstoday.in/sector...enrolling-new-customers-rbi/story/280863.html

Aside, I've never done the kyc and use Paytm only for Uber payments. I'm able to load money via the Uber app itself and cashbacks that Paytm gives for Uber from time to time do end up in the wallet. Basically it functions as only a restricted wallet. Not sure about complete refunds though. But on a hunch, if you've used Paytm purely as a gateway while buying something, I guess the refund would come to the instrument used. While if you logged in and the wallet balance was involved in the transaction, it might come back into the wallet. Although, for non-Kyc wallets, the balance is not withdrawable into the bank account I think.

To be on the safe side if the site you are ordering from, uses Paytm as its payment gateway and allows you to pay via cards without logging in with your Paytm account, do so.

My prime moto is to somehow get money loaded into my paytm wallet.

@Niks Loading money via uber into paytm ultimately means refilling the paytm wallet right? And then the paytm wallet money can be used everywhere: paytmmall, phone recharges etc etc
Correct me if anything wrong.

refilling the paytm wallet right? And then the paytm wallet money can be used everywhere: paytm
Yes.
If you want your money out then just Recharge/spend/buy.
If someone wants you recharge their bill then take money from them and recharge with your wallet.
There is no other way to get it out.

Great then will load money using uber and use for other paytm purposes.
But I really hope this works else the minimum uber Rs 350 topup will go waste unless I take that much of a taxi drive.

My prime moto is to somehow get money loaded into my paytm wallet.

@Niks Loading money via uber into paytm ultimately means refilling the paytm wallet right? And then the paytm wallet money can be used everywhere: paytmmall, phone recharges etc etc
Correct me if anything wrong.
Yes, loading money means refilling the wallet. And I've been able to use that balance for the odd mobile or FASTag recharge, so yes its usable.

But I really hope this works else the minimum uber Rs 350 topup will go waste unless I take that much of a taxi drive.
You don't need to load a minimum of 350 via the Uber app, that's just the minimum for booking a ride. You can load as little as 100 to try out as well.

You don't need to load a minimum of 350 via the Uber app, that's just the minimum for booking a ride. You can load as little as 100 to try out as well.

Nope you need to load a min of Rs 350 initially and its a mandate. Once you loa 350 thereafter we can topup for 100 etc amounts.
upload_2018-8-8_13-13-3.png

Back