Pathetic Hathway Service! Refund pending since 4 months!

Nolasco

Disciple
A friend's Hathway connection was disconnected due to an issue with the Hathway Cable coming to her house
hence hathway said that they would process a refund for the same (Had prepaid for 6 months). This happened
during Mid Feb and ever since then, inspite of numerous emails, phone calls and a couple of visits to their
office, they just keep asking for more time to process the refund!

Mails to the Nodal officer are futile since he also just requests for additional time while the Apellate officer
has not bothered to reply at all! They have already collected the modem as well so they do not have any excuse
to delay the payment. What can be done in this case? Emails are ignored and for every 5-7 reminders, they
reply once saying "Sorry for the inconvenience, please give us time to sort this out" and never bother after that.

I too have a Hathway connection and face similar issues with customer care, thankfully my connection has been relatively stable hence have not had to approach CC more. What can be done about this refund? Approx
amount due is 3.5k.

I guess you can file police complaint against them for cheat or fraud but registering FIR will be pita. Instead better send notice by yourself (search on net for format for sending consumer court notice)

I have seen most of the times consumer notice gets work done. If you still don't get response then register with akosha then they will help with consumer court case

Just write an email telling them by next 1 or 2 weeks if they don't process the refund, then you will goto consumer court and will post the same into various online consumer forums as well. Send next reminder after 1 week and give one more week of time. This will work 99% of the time.

Apologies for the late update. They finally processed the refund last week and sent across thecash! Took 4.5 months to get the refund which is absolutely ridiculous.
Had already sent numerous mails mentioned Police complaint, consumer court, online forums etc but seemed to have no effect on them. Thankfully it has eventually been sorted! Very disappointing that such companies sustain themselves with such pathetic service! Location is Mumbai btw (Byculla).

Good that at least you got the refund from those a***** es.
In Pune their office is run by some local politician bhai kind of thug. And here its all goon type business. So forget refund you will get just mental torture thats it!

Back