Panasonic cordless phone KX-TG6411BX

mohit1981

Disciple
Hi,

I have purchased Panasonic cordless phone 6411 from ebay. eBay India: PANASONIC KX-TG6411 CORDLESS PHONE BILL WARRANTY 6411 (item 250633470064 end time 20-May-2010 20:40:09 IST)

The box which I have got today seem to be imported from middle eastern country. Complete model number as mentioned on box and manual is " KX-TG6411BX ".

Unlike the picture as in the link above, DECT 6.0 is not written on the base unit which I have received. I tried to search for this model on net, but I am not able to get details of this particular model. :huh:

On net 6411T models are all I can search for.

No where it is mentioned that it is DECT 6.0. In booklet, under standard it is mentioned DECT & GAP.

I am worried that it may not be the true DECT 6.0 phone. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Mohit

Hey HailstonE brother, I really appreciate your help & the effort you did to download the manual of 6411BX, in order to help me out :thanx:

I downloaded manual for 'other' 6411. In it DECT 6.0 is clearly mentioned on cover & inside, unlike manual for my model
:huh:
Also the link you have provided says that DECT phones areused in US & Europe. Since this model has been imported from middle eastern country, I wonder if they have done some modification is it as far as DECT 6.0 is concerned. I am not sure if DECT 6.0 phones are allowed in these countries :huh:

^.. Buddy.. you didn't understood the info.. Actually its only DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) & DECT 6.0 is the marketing term for phones in US/ Canada..

DECT 6.0 does not specify a spectrum band, rather it is a marketing term coined by Rick Krupka, Director of Cordless Products at Siemens, for DECT devices manufactured for use in the U.S. and Canada

Don't worry you have the right equipment but its not for sale in US/Canada so the term is not specific to DECT 6.0... ..

:)

Praks said:
@mohit1981
Hows performance of the phone ? Is caller ID working in India ?

I got this phone yesterday only. But this whole DECT issue, forced me not to use it, as I may have to return it.

But HailStonE has helped me come out with this confusion. :clap:

I have just returned from office, & will put it on charging. Will let you know my complete feedback within 2-3 days. But yes, it is displaying caller id, when I called from my mobile. ( without any kind of caller id converter;))

You may meanwhile go through the manual for this at http://www.panasonic.ae/EN/Manuals/KX-TG6411BX.pdf

In case you also decide to purchase it on eBay, this is most probably the model you will also get. :cool2:

@mohit1981

Thanks bro. I am also planning to take from ebay only.

I hope after lots of R & D you took this one. Any advantages of this model over other models on ebay ?

Its good that no caller ID converter is needed.. One of the benefits of the phone not for US market. I am also sure that the power adapter will support native 220v instead 110v as well ...

Congratulations on your purchase... :)

Yes Praks, I did lot of R & D before purchasing this model. There are lot many good reviews of this products on net ( at sites like CNET, Amazon etc.). I also inquired about the price of Panasonic cordless models in market. Starting range is around 2.5k.

This was the cheapest available cordless with with the features I was looking for ( DECT, speaker phone, caller id). There is marked increase in price for higher models. I didn't need answering machine or base dialling. So, this was the ideal choice for me which has features I was looking for, is reasonably priced, & has good reviews.

Here I would like to add, that reviews I read was for the 6411T, which is sold in US. I was not able to fully compare the features of US and middle eastern variants. Features such as clarity booster which is mentioned in US manual, is not mentioned in manual I have received.
( Panasonic Expandable Digital Cordless Phone Operating Instructions | ManualsOnline ( US model manual)
( http://www.panasonic.ae/EN/Manuals/KX-TG6411BX.pdf -: 6411 manual sold in middle eastern countries)

My experience, so far so good.

It is light weight phone, with 1.8" display screen. After reading the manual, it is easy to operate it. Range is also pretty decent.

Battery life is also good. It has been more than 53 hours since I last charged it, but the battery is still full.

Voice reception is also good. MTNL lines in our society are little messed up, so there is disturbance in phone line. I don't think even DECT can do anything in this case.!!!!!!! :mad:

This phone is not extraordinary, but with given price, has features you will need in day-to-day use. Performance wise it is also good. You get caller id information with name ( if added in phone book)

As of now, this is all I can tell you. Please do let me know if you need information on any specific function of this phone.

If you also buy this ( or any other phone), do share your feedback also.

Thanks a lot mohit.

My major requirement is very good battery backup & range.

I have used around 5 cordless of Beetel but all of them have major problem of battery. each will not work after use of 1 year.

Do share your feedback on battery backup after few days.

Though the seller has mentioned that the product is under "manufacturer warranty", I am not sure if products imported from outside has applicable Indian warranty. Moreover, this model is not locally distributed by Panasonic India.

Seller has assured that in case of any issue I can go to the Panasonic service center and get it checked by showing bill (with vat paid). In case they do no entertain, he will help.

@praks: It has full battery for at lest 3.5 days without charging. After that it has 2 "power indicators" left out of three, so my mother put it on charging. I guess it should work fine for 4.5-5 days without charging and with moderate use.

Dect phones are not officialy available from panasonic or for that matter any manufacturer in India because of restriction by TRAI. That is why it is not listed in Panaonic India site.
I don't think you can get any other caller id cordless phone from Panasonic with lower rate than this.

Praks, as far as I could find out, Panasonic phones are among best phones available in market today.

From low end to high end phones, all are equally good. The difference is in features and accordingly in price. If you are looking for a basic cordless phone with caller id 1311 is not a bad deal. Plus as per its specification it also has 17-hour talk time and 150-hour standby, which as I understand, is one of the main criteria of your selection. I did not opted for this as I was also looking for the speakerphone, which this phone does not have.

if you sort the Panasonic cordless phone with "lowest first" criteria, phones between 1311 & 6411 has mostly have 5 hours talk time.

3611 is officially available in India ( can be checked on Panasonic website), so after sales service is not issue with it, unlike models which has been imported from outside. It has 5 hours talk times, but 11 days stand by time.

So, "good phone" depend on features you want & the maximum price you are willing to pay for it.

When I was confused with this DECT issue ( post buying as DECT 6 was not mentioned on the set I received), I e-mailed my query to Panasonic customer care in India, US & middle east. Indian customer care simply said it cannot help because phone is not officially available here. US customer care directed to the product page to read the specification myself & middle east customer care said since it is mentioned in booklet, so it is DECT.

During this search, I also got response from one of the nice guy in Panasonic Europe , who is also looking after DECT. He was kind enough to explain the DECT. As per him DECT specification in Europe and US are different. I am reproducing his response as far as DECT issue goes:

thanks for your mail. The cordless phone which you have purchased is working in the 1880-1900 MHz range. This is the original frequency range allocated to DECT phones in Europe. If you should want to operate such a phone in the US you may have to expect radio interference problems with other US services. In the US DECT has to work in the socalled UPCS band which is 1920-1930 MHz. In order to indicate this to the users a special logo "DECT 6.0" has been created. However, it is not only the frequency range which is different from the original European specifications. "DECT 6.0" devices have to comply to the FCC part 15 subpart D rules. Strictly speaking, a European DECT phone operation is illegal in the US and might cause radio interference problems. You might not enjoy it using this phone in the US particularly when using it near to other radio services.
We thank you very much for having purchased a Panasonic phone, but we cannot avoid the legal requirements of national regulators. That is why DECT is available in several different variants. For the operation of cordless phones radio spectrum is required. Usually this spectrum will be allocated by the national regulator ( your government). In the case of India this will be the TRAI (Telecommunications Authority of India). As a matter of fact, the TRAI is currently considering to allocate radio spectrum to DECT, however, no formal decision was taken until now.

What I could understand from the mail sent to me by Panasonic guy ( which I have quoted in my last reply), DECT frequency differ from country to country basis frequency allocated by local telecom regulator. In India, decision is still pending with TRAI.

To answer your question "Will DECT thing makes any difference when used in India with BSNL ?", depends on how good are BSNL lines in your area. Our phone lines are messed up, so we do get voice disturbance, low net connections , on which even DECT is helpless!!!!!! I haven't used any cordless phone for more than a year, so cannot really compare it with other frequency range phone.

"Everyone is recommending 5.8GHz now because 2.4GHz is so cluttered from WiFi 802.11b/g. Well have you ever heard of 802.11a or 802.11n? Guess what frequency that uses? 5.8GHz (amongst others)."

Since DECT uses frequency withing 1.8-1.9 GHz, technically, it should not interfere with our Wifi signals, and hence should give us clear voice. I am getting good voice reception, don't know how it would have been with 2.4 or 5.6 GHz models. DECT phones also have the ability to use multiple handsets at once with one base.

You may also find this link useful for DECT information: Yahoo! Answers - What is the difference between a DECT cordless phone and a 5.8ghz cordless phone?

Back