Other OnePlus One - Please Share Your Thoughts/Impressions/Reviews Here [User Experience ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at life through rose-tinted, ....scratch that ..... yellow-tinted glasses, :).
img_20141208_230453-jpg.210502

Sim card went out of coverage all of a sudden yesterday. And I was not able to connect to my home network even manually. Had to reboot the phone to get things back to normal. Hope this was one off case !

where in amazon i can check return date timeline...do not want to accidently initiate refund..two phones i ordered. and no issues so far...the last one came just today.

where in amazon i can check return date timeline...do not want to accidently initiate refund..two phones i ordered. and no issues so far...the last one came just today.
Oh! you lucky boy, you! :)

Go to "Your Orders", click on "Return Items", on the very next page you should get a "Returnable until" date right below the "Continue" button.

I ordered the phone on the launch day (Dec 2) as soon as I got the invite (yeah i was that desperate!). It has been 7 days since I started using the OnePlus One.
Pros
Great design (feels great to hold and operate)
Screen is awesome
Great battery life
Call quality
Loud sound
Stable OS
Decent Camera
Slow motion video
Cons
Heats up during some games. This seems like a software issue rather than hardware. Reason being some games like Asphalt runs fine, but a game like Deer Hunter causes heat up. Asphalt is a much more demanding game. So it seems to me the OS is not optimized (governor?) to run all games.
Other that this, I cant sync FB photos to the existing contacts (something to do with Cyanogen).
I do not gets notification on the icon. For e.g. if there is a new whatsapp message, I get a notification in the status bar. However, there is no notification on the whatsapp icon itself. I had this on the i9505, and miss it on the OPO. Also, the touchscreen responsiveness of One can't match the S4 (S4 is butter smooth).

Overall I love the OnePlus One.
The battery life is so awesome, that when i came home from office i had 80% charge left. I had 3G on all the time at office and do casual stuff like email, whatsapp and FB. I keep the brightness setting at just above low all the time.

The yellow tint issue does not bother me. I did not even notice it before all the threads started on OP forums.

And I am very happy OnePlus choose Amazon - shopping with amazon is always such a pleasant experience.

Attachments

• P1020469_resize.JPG
    P1020469_resize.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 273
  • P1020470_resize.JPG
    P1020470_resize.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 263
I've been using the OnePlus One since the past couple of days. At first the yellow tint was rather easily visible, but it seems to be gradually reducing in effect.

Another issue I'm facing is once the battery is charged to 100%, the discharge is not being shown in the status bar or the battery status section. In the battery status section, I see 100% - not charging. Upon rebooting the phone, it shows the correct battery percentage.

Another issue I'm facing is once the battery is charged to 100%, the discharge is not being shown in the status bar or the battery status section. In the battery status section, I see 100% - not charging. Upon rebooting the phone, it shows the correct battery percentage.
The battery icon in the status bar cannot show 3 digits
Once the charge drops to 99 it starts showing again

The battery icon in the status bar cannot show 3 digits
Once the charge drops to 99 it starts showing again

The battery percentage did not drop below 100% for more than 10 hours. The battery section read "100% - not charging".

After which I rebooted the phone and the battery percentage was then shown as 37%.

Now the battery percentage is steadily dropping as per the usage.

Attaching screenshot of the sudden drop after the reboot. Ignore the up-time as I tried to refresh the log and also deleted the log once the refresh didn't work.

Attachments

• 1418326295016.jpg
    1418326295016.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 256
Data transfer between PC & Phone is too damn slow. Takes around 30 minutes to copy 2gb wallpapers folder.

Any workaround?

Cons
Heats up during some games. This seems like a software issue rather than hardware. Reason being some games like Asphalt runs fine, but a game like Deer Hunter causes heat up. Asphalt is a much more demanding game. So it seems to me the OS is not optimized (governor?) to run all games

You need to change the profile to performance while playing the "not so demanding game" it remains in balance or battery saving mode, so the phone heats up during the normal games (read on OnePlus forums).

I do not gets notification on the icon. For e.g. if there is a new whatsapp message, I get a notification in the status bar. However, there is no notification on the whatsapp icon itself. I had this on the i9505, and miss it on the OPO.
I think this has to do with the launcher, the default launcher doesn't support "unread count", try nova prime launcher (ahem sources first).

@Dare Devil, Camera quality may be improved in the future version, I think it's a software tweak, on hardware end it's not using anything cheap but high end sony 13MP. Did you try colour OS (CM's chinese counterpart) they say Camera picture quality is nice on that

I found a problem with camera. If one uses anyother camera than stock example google camera, Then in low light conditions when using flash there is horizontal line splitting the pic in half in portrait mode and vice versa in landscape pics. Here are the pics from my camera :-

IMG_20141211_195427.jpg IMG-20141211-WA0015.jpg IMG_20141211_203848.jpg

On searching i found other people also facing the same issue:-
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-cam-problem-pictures-in-2-halves.114953/
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/proof-that-dual-led-flash-is-broken.141664/

The problem is not seen with the stock camera as of now.

@devesh38 mine also had this flash problem same as urs :(
+ Yellow tint issue..
So its good that I have decided to return the phone due to defects.
Am pissed off...was recommending and showing off this to all and today A Big No to Oneplus :( :(

They shld have done quality checks before releasing this in India...I mean we all waiting 6-7months after global release to get these defective items for 22k :( :(

Thanks to Amazon's return policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back