OnePlus 6 & 6T (2018 launches thread)

Would you still buy a phone from company who launches a model every 6 months?

• Yes.. I have black money and i can afford new model

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • No.. I'll squeeze the phone for a long period and just throw it.. So its fine!

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oneplus camera wont be like the best flagship, but its usable by 99.99% The pics are really good, just not iphone or pixel good. It also costs half so you have to factor that in.

Oneplus camera wont be like the best flagship, but its usable by 99.99% The pics are really good, just not iphone or pixel good. It also costs half so you have to factor that in.
Some will not agree with you on the above specially the ones who are not the owner/user of oneplus 6.

I own a oneplus 6 as well S9+ and I anyday like the op6 then the S9+, May be the camera on the S9 would be slightly better or say there is a difference of day night on both S9+ being the better one but somehow i was/am not able to make out the difference (naked eyes not gonna put pics under microscope)in pictures clicked by both.

If I'm in market to buy a new phone I will anyday buy the oneplus 6 over any other phone around 40k

Some will not agree with you on the above specially the ones who are not the owner/user of oneplus 6.

I own a oneplus 6 as well S9+ and I anyday like the op6 then the S9+, May be the camera on the S9 would be slightly better or say there is a difference of day night on both S9+ being the better one but somehow i was/am not able to make out the difference (naked eyes not gonna put pics under microscope)in pictures clicked by both.

If I'm in market to buy a new phone I will anyday buy the oneplus 6 over any other phone around 40k
Yep! Somehow people dont agree. Unless you need it to show off or to fit in, for most practical purposes OP phones are all that you need.

Somehow i was/am not able to make out the difference (naked eyes not gonna put pics under microscope)in pictures clicked by both.
You won't know the difference unless you DO examine it at the pixel level. How well focus is kept, clarity, consistency etc. Then the question is whether it matters or not

It takes work and you will only know after you've seen many photos at full resolution. Most youtube camera reviews that don't provide originals for download are useless for stills. Only the video side is useful

Does front camera matter. There seems to be some odd zooming going on with the op6 front camera. I mean why, the 5T had it just right

Thing is these days the differences are slight but still there if you go into depth

The P20 ought to be the top dog right now but it isn't consistent and the modes its applies when it wants to cannot be disabled. I'd skip phones this year if camera matters. Next batch of pixel & big names will be under pressure to up their game after the P20

The last time i saw a noticeable improvement in camera quality was 2015 with the LG G4 leading the pack

Last edited:
You won't know the difference unless you DO examine it at the pixel level. How well focus is kept, clarity, consistency etc. Then the question is whether it matters or not

It takes work and you will only know after you've seen many photos at full resolution. Most youtube camera reviews that don't provide originals for download are useless for stills. Only the video side is useful

Does front camera matter. There seems to be some odd zooming going on with the op6 front camera. I mean why, the 5T had it just right

Thing is these days the differences are slight but still there if you go into depth

The P20 ought to be the top dog right now but it isn't consistent and the modes its applies when it wants to cannot be disabled. I'd skip phones this year if camera matters. Next batch of pixel & big names will be under pressure to up their game after the P20

The last time i saw a noticeable improvement in camera quality was 2015 with the LG G4 leading the pack
That's the point who has the time and want to put effort to point thr difference unless you want to prove the world that the X is better then the Y, Oneplus 6 camera in real life works as great as iphone x, Samsung S9 or be any other smart phone.

That's the point who has the time and want to put effort to point thr difference unless you want to prove the world that the X is better then the Y, Oneplus 6 camera in real life works as great as iphone x, Samsung S9 or be any other smart phone.
Depends how interested you are in the subject. If i were buying a phone for the camera .....yeah i would and after a couple of months looking at hundreds of photos KNOW what it can and cannot do. I never buy at launch so there is plenty of time.

Works as great is under certain circumstances only. Take the previous gen, the 5 & T. No OIS. Enter the 6, now we have OIS. huh! i thought they said they didn't need it like last year

What struck me as odd with oneplus is they big up the camera. Their showroom in Bangalore had an art gallery in the mezzanine. This was around the time the 3T came out and the photos were of the 3. Umm, i wouldn't quite agree with their contention. But the public who are illiterate would use this to help them buy. See, they say they are good, it means they must be right ? heh, that is the power of suggestion

Take that second camera of theirs. Made an appearance with the 5T. What exactly is the point of that second camera. Other than to say me too, we got dual cameras as well.

One of the strange things i've noticed with some of the 6's photos is they appear as if shot through a veil. I started checking some of the parameters and it became clear that they tone down the highs. Meaning whites aren't always white but slightly grey. The fix is a levels correction but without that they look slightly off, in some cases. It's subtle not even that obvious

This doesn't mean you can't take good photos with it, just that some hand holding is needed now and then. one plus strength isn't camera its in other areas.

Price, root-ability, speed. Price went up because they tried to make it more premium. This wasn't necessary. They could still have had flagship performance without the looks and kept price lower than present

I don't get the no expandable storage policy. Seems inconsistent with the idea of lower price phone. The big names got the message that microsd is desirable and most reversed earlier decisions to not have the option. Only oneplus to have micrsd as a hybrid sim was the X which they disowned shortly after. That was a nice phone

I suppose these days with the 256GB option you could argue microsd isn't required. But not in the past IMO

Last edited:
Depends how interested you are in the subject. If i were buying a phone for the camera .....yeah i would and after a couple of months looking at hundreds of photos KNOW what it can and cannot do. I never buy at launch so there is plenty of time.

Works as great is under certain circumstances only. Take the previous gen, the 5 & T. No OIS. Enter the 6, now we have OIS. huh! i thought they said they didn't need it like last year

What struck me as odd with oneplus is they big up the camera. Their showroom in Bangalore had an art gallery in the mezzanine. This was around the time the 3T came out and the photos were of the 3. Umm, i wouldn't quite agree with their contention. But the public who are illiterate would use this to help them buy. See, they say they are good, it means they must be right ? heh, that is the power of suggestion

Take that second camera of theirs. Made an appearance with the 5T. What exactly is the point of that second camera. Other than to say me too, we got dual cameras as well.

One of the strange things i've noticed with some of the 6's photos is they appear as if shot through a veil. I started checking some of the parameters and it became clear that they tone down the highs. Meaning whites aren't always white but slightly grey. The fix is a levels correction but without that they look slightly off, in some cases. It's subtle not even that obvious

This doesn't mean you can't take good photos with it, just that some hand holding is needed now and then. one plus strength isn't camera its in other areas.

Price, root-ability, speed. Price went up because they tried to make it more premium. This wasn't necessary. They could still have had flagship performance without the looks and kept price lower than present

I don't get the no expandable storage policy. Seems inconsistent with the idea of lower price phone. The big names got the message that microsd is desirable and most reversed earlier decisions to not have the option. Only oneplus to have micrsd as a hybrid sim was the X which they disowned shortly after. That was a nice phone

I suppose these days with the 256GB option you could argue microsd isn't required. But not in the past IMO
You do have time. Best of luck with comparing pictures. [emoji106]

Just 3 months since the launch of OP6 & Here we have next launch news which will be done in Nov'18.

This brand is a big joke!

Oppo’s new R17 could become the basis for the OnePlus 6T

14K0yYF.jpg

They have been doing this since oneplus 3 launch nothing new, At the time of oneplus 6 launch everyone knew they will launch the 6T version so that's normal now.

There's no such rule in books of biz you cant launch an upgrade, flagship or lookalike vfm and mid-level model. We are used too with sony, lg, samsung and recently mi, op+ etc. So nothing is joke. From customers point of view he hits it or misses it, its a gamble anyways.
If Samsung launches s9+ its not a mistake or disappointment for existing s9 users as it will have minor tweaks mods and may be little hardware upgrade & wont actually spoil their fun. But for users looking for s9 series can definitely eye s9+ but again if they launch it for unrealistic price then s9 is to be considered. Or look for other brands.

^ yeah but those are two different lineups. I'd imagine people will be pissed as well if samsung launched S9 and within 6 months, launch an S9+
True. But there was a spec bump with the 3T, (821 vs 820 & battery 3400mah v 3000mah) not so much with the 5T (only screen aspect ratio changed)

^ that is why people will be pissed. small minor bumps with small increase in prices every year rendering their current flagship to old news within 6 months

^ that is why people will be pissed. small minor bumps with small increase in prices every year rendering their current flagship to old news within 6 months
Its the mentality of such idiots which makes them feel sick and think their phone got too old and this is exactly what the manufacturers do and they win. Create such situations where in even the buyer holding latest flagship is forced to kick his phone goodbye for the newer variant having just 10-15% upgrades which are not even worth or even noticeable.
Pity such idiots seriously!
If such people dont update frequently then may be the manufacturer will also wont release phones frequently.

Back