OnePlus 6 & 6T (2018 launches thread)

Would you still buy a phone from company who launches a model every 6 months?

• Yes.. I have black money and i can afford new model

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • No.. I'll squeeze the phone for a long period and just throw it.. So its fine!

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol seriously though, 1+ will have to do some mind blowing things for people to upgrade to 1+6/6T especially current 5/5T owners. I don't own any 1+ phones but I liked the 5T a lot and would like to see an improved camera. The camera is probably it's weakest point for me. Still digging 5"-5.2" phones. Finding 5.5" a bit too big for me. I would've liked them to bring 1+4 with 5.2" 18:9 super-thin bezel/bezel-less display with SD8XX chipset.
I really hate the shady tactics of 1+ though. Very unethical.

Dj0isbD.png

Oppo's new R15 will probably become the OnePlus 6, and yes, it has a screen notch

Oppo has announced its latest flagship smartphone, which it calls the R15. Odds are if you're reading this, you'll never have the chance to buy it. Oppo sells its phones mainly in China, but you might be able to buy a phone that looks an awful lot like it called the OnePlus 6. And look at that—a screen notch.

Before we get to OnePlus, let's just go over the R15 to keep up appearances. This phone will sport a Snapdragon 660, 6GB of RAM, a 3400 mAh battery, 16+20MP dual rear cameras, and a 6.28-inch 2280×1080 OLED panel. The display has a chunk missing at the top where the front-facing camera and earpiece live

What do you guys think of the pricing?
Also is it not possible to make a good flagship phones at lower price anymore? Or are the higher prices because of inflated pricing by components producers?

What do you guys think of the pricing?
Also is it not possible to make a good flagship phones at lower price anymore? Or are the higher prices because of inflated pricing by components producers?

Pricing and availability:
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB – Rs. 57,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 128GB – Rs. 61,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 256GB (Midnight Black) – Rs. 65,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64GB – Rs. 64,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 128GB – Rs. 68,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 256GB (Midnight Black) – Rs. 72,900
https://techenclave.com/community/threads/samsung-galaxy-s9-and-s9-launched-in-india.186641/

40% cheaper than Sammy's Flagships. Not really overpriced in general but when you resale it.. It's obviously becomes overpriced then!! ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1523035815][/DOUBLEPOST]
wtf is with the first option of the poll. black money and all lmao.
Which hard earning folk buys a new model every 6 months? That too worth 38 Grand?

The one who conceals his Real income. Not the one's who get their TDS'd Salary!

Not Simply complaining about OP but in general people buy new iPhone or the X (Worth a Lakh) and the likes.. With their real hard unaccounted money. So the Poll option.

Last edited:
https://techenclave.com/community/threads/samsung-galaxy-s9-and-s9-launched-in-india.186641/

40% cheaper than Sammy's Flagships. Not really overpriced but when you resale it.. It's obviously becomes overpriced then!! ;)
Isn't that like 30%? Anyway S9 doesn't have a notch! :p
You know new Moto phones have a new booting animation which make one's eyes almost bleed. I hate it so much and not for the sake of hating it but the colors and animation look like they could induce epilepsy. At least in Moto phones I could just not look at the screen. But with the notch, something which you simply cannot avoid looking, I wouldn't be able to get over it.
Anyway my ideal smartphone would have these:
1. Very slim bezels
2. No-notch
3. 3.5mm audio connectivity
4. Clean UI
5. Dual-SIM with dedicated memory card slot or at least 128GB storage (not 64GB nor 256GB)
6. 3000mah+ battery
7. All in 5.5" display

I currently have a Moto G5+ and while it's decent, it's not very good so I might look for an upgrade. I liked the 1+5T except for the camera maybe. But it has other essential which I need. Now this 1+6 is already disappointing.
If, IF, I were to choose between the 1+6 and S8/S9 I would definitely for the latter.
But for now I've set my eyes on the Nokia 7+. It looks gorgeous. *-*

Isn't that like 30%? Anyway S9 doesn't have a notch! [emoji14]
You know new Moto phones have a new booting animation which make one's eyes almost bleed. I hate it so much and not for the sake of hating it but the colors and animation look like they could induce epilepsy. At least in Moto phones I could just not look at the screen. But with the notch, something which you simply cannot avoid looking, I wouldn't be able to get over it.
Anyway my ideal smartphone would have these:
1. Very slim bezels
2. No-notch
3. 3.5mm audio connectivity
4. Clean UI
5. Dual-SIM with dedicated memory card slot or at least 128GB storage (not 64GB nor 256GB)
6. 3000mah+ battery
7. All in 5.5" display

I currently have a Moto G5+ and while it's decent, it's not very good so I might look for an upgrade. I liked the 1+5T except for the camera maybe. But it has other essential which I need. Now this 1+6 is already disappointing.
If, IF, I were to choose between the 1+6 and S8/S9 I would definitely for the latter.
But for now I've set my eyes on the Nokia 7+. It looks gorgeous. *-*
Oneplus will let u hide the notch with a dark beackgroud, So the user will have the option for both.

Anyway you guys should consider the new Nokia 7+. Good specs. Even more gorgeous design *-* And oh battery is 3800mah. Much larger than other phones in this segment. Android One device btw! This is definitely gonna be my next phone. *-*

Anyway you guys should consider the new Nokia 7+. Good specs. Even more gorgeous design *-* And oh battery is 3800mah. Much larger than other phones in this segment. Android One device btw! This is definitely gonna be my next phone. *-*
Have used Nokia 8 there flagship and to be frank it sucked apart from the eye catching finish there is nothing great about it, The specs matches the oneplus 5 but is far far behind in performance then op5, It lags like hell. Had bought it for 37k and now after 5 month trying to sell it and you won't believe me what offers I'm getting 14/15k.

So the problem with the phone is that a better phone comes out and reduces the resale value ? Any feedback on the actual phone itself ?

Was actually considering buying this when it comes out.

Have used Nokia 8 there flagship and to be frank it sucked apart from the eye catching finish there is nothing great about it, The specs matches the oneplus 5 but is far far behind in performance then op5, It lags like hell. Had bought it for 37k and now after 5 month trying to sell it and you won't believe me what offers I'm getting 14/15k.
I think that you're looking at it then wrong way. The Nokia 8 was released last year and you're right it wasn't an impressive phone, it still isn't and it probably never will be. None of their first batch had any proper positive feedback which I believe forced HMD to re-innovate and the Nokia 7+ seems to be the result. The Nokia 7+ seems to be build from the ground up. Even the design speaks volume imo.
I admit that I haven't actually used it but reviews look very good so far. Specs-wise everything looks great. Call it nitpicking but I don't like the hybrid SIM-slot. I wish it had just came with a 128GB model or something. Price is a bit on the higher side but "is there any other good alternative?" is the question. It has a 2k cashback discount for existing Airtel customers FYI.[DOUBLEPOST=1523554965][/DOUBLEPOST]
So the problem with the phone is that a better phone comes out and reduces the resale value ? Any feedback on the actual phone itself ?

Was actually considering buying this when it comes out.
Which phone are you talking of?

Huawei's offerings are priced pretty well at the moment and their specs are also pretty good.
They are trying to capture more share in the market so their phones will be VFM for a few years.
They haven't launched their flagship Mate series yet, but they did launch the Honor View 10 with same specs for 50 euros less than what it sells in Europe.
At 30k, with 128GB and 6GB RAM, this phone just flies without any lags for me. The scresn time is also great with 6-7hrs on Wifi.

Back