Oneplus 3 launched in india for Rs. 27,999

@PoBoy, that'd definitely be a drawback who likes the near stock experience (incl. me) but as long as then release their sources (kernel, fingerprint, charging, camera) and unlocked bootloaders I think they are better than others because custom ROM support will be good. Normal user doesn't mind what skin or what version of Android is on the phone.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/30963/oneplus-3-production-stopped-to-make-room-for-new-variant/
OnePlus has reportedly stopped production of the OnePlus 3 smartphone. This has been done to allow the market to digest existing inventory of the current OnePlus 3, and to make room on its production line for a new smartphone.

To begin with, OnePlus is tossing out the AMOLED display of the OnePlus 3, and replacing it with an IPS LCD display. IPS LCDs tend to appear more natural than AMOLEDs, while the latter are preferred for deeper blacks and better contrast.

The second change is the application processor. The company is outfitting the phone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC, replacing the Snapdragon 820 that breathes under the hood of the OnePlus 3.

Imagine you had just paid 28K for the OP3 ...

Wont that make battery last lesser as IPS not as efficient as Amoled. Is this not a step backward ? Even the processor is just a minor update. Gives a bad feeling to customers if they discontinue a phone is barely 6 months of launch. Hope they address the issues in OP3. The Op3 had started looking quite overpriced at 28k when mi5/Z2 plus was for 19.9k during the diwali sales. Amazon did say more diwali sales coming up so expecting a price cut till 24-25k hopefully.

Uhh Oneplus has ran out of AMOLD panels as they clearly under-estimated the demand for the OP3 and amoled panels have been in high demand in 2016.

Also Carl Pie himself had to say this. So its highly unlikely a new rumored SD821 / IPS LCD version is coming anytime soon.

Besides 820 to 821 is hardly a leap, would still take the 820 amoled over 821 lcd display any day.

How's the ASS of OnePlus in India? I am looking at faux-flagship androids, and since there is no word on whether the Axon is coming here, I'm considering the OP3 /Mi5 or their refreshes.

Even i have decided to go for the OP3 and i am just waiting for the Amazon sale which starts on 17th oct. Expecting that they might reduce the price a little bit which will make the deal even more worthy

So any real upgrade beside the chipset? Or is the LCD thing just rumours?

Uhh Oneplus has ran out of AMOLD panels as they clearly under-estimated the demand for the OP3 and amoled panels have been in high demand in 2016.

Also Carl Pie himself had to say this. So its highly unlikely a new rumored SD821 / IPS LCD version is coming anytime soon.

Besides 820 to 821 is hardly a leap, would still take the 820 amoled over 821 lcd display any day.
Agreed.

hoping for a sub 30k price. just a camera and processor update after 6 months does not worth a lot of cash. the op3 was anyway looking overpriced with even 18k phones having 4gb ram and sd 820.

Back