OnePlus 2 with 5.5-inch 1080p display announced, available in India August 11

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
OnePlus-2.jpg

OnePlus just announced the OnePlus 2, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at a VR event. It has a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD In-Cell display, is powered by a 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor v2.1 with Adreno 430 GPU and runs on Oxygen OS based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Laser Auto focus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has aluminum alloy frame. It has dual SIM support with 4G on both.
OnePlus-2-covers.jpg

It has a fingerprint scanner integrated into the home button and the capacitive buttons are completely customizable. It also has an alert slider, a hardware toggle to switch between No Notifications, Priority Notifications, and All Notifications. It uses a reversible USB Type-C connector and has a removable back cover with optional style swap covers in Kevlar, bamboo, rosewood and black apricot.

OnePlus 2 specifications

• 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS In-Cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
  • Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor with Adreno 430 GPU
  • 3GB LPPDR4 RAM with 16GB internal storage / 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal memory
  • Android 5.1 (Lollipop) based Oxygen OS
  • Dual (nano) SIM
  • 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, OIS, 1.3um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 120fps
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm; Weight: 175 g
  • 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, USB Type-C
  • 3300mAh battery
The OnePlus 2 comes in sandstone black color and is priced at Rs. 22,999 ($329) for the 3GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs Rs. 24,999 ($389). It will be available in US, UK, EU, India and China from August 11th and will roll out in Southeast Asia in Q4 of 2015. The 64GB OnePlus 2 will be available for purchase first in India from August 11th with an invite exclusively on Amazon. The 16GB OnePlus 2 with 3GB RAM will be available later this year.

It will be setting up pop-up stores in nine of the most popular cities in the world, including New Delhi and Bangalore in India on July 31st so that people can know more about the smartphone. Check out the exact location of pop-up events here.

No quick charge and no NFC is kind of a deal breaker.
Can live with the others but kinda wished it was a higher resolution screen.

I never understood the need for a higher resolution on a phone, the difference is minimal from QHD unless you use a magnifying glass. There's also no native 1440p content and it's only going to drain battery getting all those extra pixels to render.
It'd be a nice upgrade to have in the future when they've invented some new battery tech, for now this one seems reasonable for the price.

No quick charge is a inconvenience.

Indian prices are announced clearly or it's a USD conversion & a probable cost?

Any experience or reviews about Oxygen OS?

Not really worth an upgrade for OPO users, but a good choice probably for someone coming from the likes of Moto G. :p Time to start keeping an eye out for invites.

Metal chassis too is new . I would have preferred a 4k screen though . Even though I completely agree a 4k screen makes no difference in a 5.5 in screen size . Hell I can't make out much of a difference between hd and full HD on my s3 and s4 .
If the price mentioned above is accurate then worth a buy .
Will wait for the invite crap to get over and buy it when it's freely available .

I am actually happy that the phone is 1080p and has a bigger battery.

The camera seems better compared to one plus one. Here is the camera comparison by MKBHD:

Metal chassis too is new . I would have preferred a 4k screen though . Even though I completely agree a 4k screen makes no difference in a 5.5 in screen size . Hell I can't make out much of a difference between hd and full HD on my s3 and s4 .
If the price mentioned above is accurate then worth a buy .
Will wait for the invite crap to get over and buy it when it's freely available .
4k!! [emoji33] [emoji15]

Dude are you stoned

I think we have gotten spoilt by One plus and Xiaomi...this seems to be a great phone at the price...am definitely going for it.

Maybe I'm out of touch with the current industry benchmarks, but is this not an insane offering for this price?
I have registered for an invite... I am ~110,000 out of ~550,000 in the queue!
This is gonna be my next phone! Finally, an upgrade for my faithful, but now gasping and dying Galaxy S3.

Back