Graphic Cards Nvidia GTX 1060 landing july 7

PH0ENiX

Skilled
Here they are, first specifications of GeForce GTX 1060. This card features 1280 CUDA cores and 6GB of GDDR5 memory (so quite possibly 192-bit interface). The boost clock is somewhere around 1700 MHz, which gives us maximum compute performance of 4.4 TFLOPs.

NVIDIA rated GTX 1060 at 120W TDP, which is less than Radeon RX 480 (150W). According to leaked slides GTX 1060 will be faster than Radeon RX 480 in terms of performance. It will also be 1.4x more power efficient.

52b2v7.jpg

21noz75.jpg

esjhgk.jpg

http://videocardz.com/61753/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-specifications-leaked-faster-than-rx-480

Bye bye RX480;We hardly loved you!

Should go w/o saying for any Videocardz article or unreleased hardware for that matter but it has ended absolutely nothing until it lands in a reviewer's hands.
I've seen too many pre-release marketing BS graphs propagated by PR from both companies over the years to not take any of 'em remotely seriously or representative of real world performance figures.
Just this year we've already seen misleading slides for the one of the Pascal performance claims as well as the 480 power consumption, towards the release date they always backtrack and mostly fail to meet expectations upon release.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-6-gb-3dmark-performance-leaked.html

Seems to be a bit better than the RX480 for a bit more although real world performance still to be seen.If the benchmarks are anything to go by this will lead to a price cut of the RX480 8 GB.

What I don't understand is how come Nvidia is saying that the GTX 1060 is better than the 980 as the 980 is still a tad ahead of the 1060 if you look at the synthetic scores.

Nonetheless if this card lives up to the hype then the RX480 would eat dust without massive price cuts which will be difficult keeping in mind the launch price of the card(not applicable for Indian pricing though)

The only purpose of the RX480 in that case would be forcing Nvidia to launch the 1060 at a competitive price which is a win win situation for us buyers.

GTX1060 at 23k should put an end to the RX480 party (if at all it ever started). Still remember getting my 8800GT for some 10k~11k and HD 7850 for 15k. Now if I want to upgrade 3 tiers up as per Toms hierarchy chart, it looks like I'll have to shell upwards of 20k. Might go for the GTX1060 once its available.

Do you really think it will be available for that price? I think gtx 1060 will be around 25k as nvidia will again have stock problem plus its a 3gb card.

Do you really think it will be available for that price? I think gtx 1060 will be around 25k as nvidia will again have stock problem plus its a 3gb card.
There is no 3GB 1060, that will probably be the 1050.

I have a feeling 480 will be popular only in the US, if at all. NVidia has managed to get more from a die shrink than AMD this time. I don't know if it is Global Foundries' fault or AMD's, but they should have a long look at their fab process before finalizing Vega.

Just have to wait for benchmarks now. I think most Indians can opt for this as the pricing is sensible. Although i am a bit worried about performance regression over time as history has shown Kepler really fell by the wayside and support completely stopped after Maxwell was introduced.

If only AMD didn't screw the pooch.

Back