Graphic Cards NVIDIA Abandoned Maxwell Architecture GPU

rahulyo

Skilled
NVIDIA has decided to not support the GeForce GTX 900 series graphics card any longer in the
future, which has been confirmed that the series has become part of NVIDIA's legacy products.

DuMx72xh.jpg

Source :- http://www.tech-critter.com/2016/07/nvidia-abandoned-maxwell-architecture.html

I was not expecting my 960 to become legacy thia early.
My first big budget gpu purchase and i got this news to deal with.

Not possible as nvidia will at least support since 7xx series at least else it will be a big big disappointment and anger among global gamers.

Upto geforce 9 series is fine though still many users own 8600 and 9800 cards incl me but thats totally understandable.

I don't think this means that they will be excluded from new updates via driver releases.
I'm sure they'll still fix glitches in new games. would be silly not to since maxwell was their best selling lineup.
Tbh, i feel this isn't "abandoning" maxwell so much as part of the usual marketing strategy where the next gen (pascal) is being given center stage.
after all, production and shipments of the 900 series has probably stopped completely by now and, with the exception of the 950, pascal replacements are out for most of the maxwell lineup.
and yes, the title makes the author seem like a fanboi.

Back