Not able to port my number from Reliance Communication

As title suggest I tried to port my number from Rcom to Idea. During last 4 months I tried 9 times..... yes 9 times to port my number. Every time reject message "Your number is in progress for Updating or deactivation". The number I tried to port is my primary number. Room customer care said they not receiving request at there end. I faid with Rcom.paying postpaid bills since last 6 months without using it.Actually I am working in very remote area where Rcom network is not available. What I can do now. Any suggestions please.

Convert it to prepaid first. I am sure rcom will do it. Later port it to Idea/Airtel.

The thing with postpaid port out is You need to pay estimated bill in advance 10days before you port out. So that way they have no excuse to reject. Any credit will be sent to you through cheques.

I'm not sure but i think if you convert your postpaid to prepaid you have to wait a certain period before you can port out. I think the dude at the vodafone shop told me something like this a couple years ago.

Convert it to prepaid first. I am sure rcom will do it. Later port it to Idea/Airtel.

The thing with postpaid port out is You need to pay estimated bill in advance 10days before you port out. So that way they have no excuse to reject. Any credit will be sent to you through cheques.

Well, I was in a similar position with Aircel having rejected my porting request around 5-7 times, as Swatkat suggested I have converted it to prepaid, completing my 90 days and going to port now, they cannot reject it now.

My friend went to a rcom store to convert to prepaid at around 8 pm. They said come back tomorrow in the daytime!

Next morning he went and they did everything then said he has to pay 200 bucks for a prepaid sim! When he asked what the charge is for they said it's for lifetime validity! He said I don't want lifetime validity just give me a goddamn prepaid sim. Nada.

rcom dipshits.

I think he's gonna try porting now...

Just raise a complaint on pgportal.gov.in
I spent 3 months trying to port out from RCom just like you, and when I gave pgportal a shot, it worked and worked really fast.
After the months trying to deal with the robots that RCom calls their appellate, once I raised a complaint, I got a call from such a calm/intelligent person at RCom who ensured the porting process went through smoothly. Total time taken from raising the complaint to getting activated on the new operator was hardly 2 weeks.

I also considered converting it to prepaid, since they tend to use billing issues to reject port outs. But I did not want to wait for another 90 days before porting out.

Back