Graphic Cards Not able to Boot Windows

Hi,

I am using HP Laptop and I am not able to boot the windows. On the Windows logo screen, my machine got stuck. If I reinstall the windows, I can use it without any problem until the driver of the graphics card gets updated.

As soon as graphics card driver gets updated and I reboot my machine, again it stuck on the Windows logo screen. If I boot in safe mode and disable the driver, I can use the system again.

I am using Windows 10. And the graphics driver is AMD.

Does anyone know if this is the graphics card's driver problem or is it a hardware problem?

BTW, I am sending this message from another DELL machine as I am not able to use my HP laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the video driver getting installed automatically on boot after installation or you manually installed it? If you installed it manually, was your computer running earlier with the same driver? Did you have to reinstall windows because the machine stopped booting all of a sudden? If so, your GPU might be having problems..

Last edited:
On Windows 10 it automatically installed when connected to the internet. On Windows 7 I manually installed that. Yes, the computer was running with the same driver. I tried everything to fix the issue but then at the end, I had to re-install the windows. After reinstallation, I was able to boot Windows again, but after getting driver update, again the same problem.

Once.you are in windows shutoff internet and disable windows update. Then possibly install the original drivers you got in cd with your card if those are win10 compatible.
Else from your phone search for most stable drivers for your card, download it on phone and update it. Then via the gpu panel disable any auto driver updates.

Once.you are in windows shutoff internet and disable windows update. Then possibly install the original drivers you got in cd with your card if those are win10 compatible.
Else from your phone search for most stable drivers for your card, download it on phone and update it. Then via the gpu panel disable any auto driver updates.
Drivers are available on official HP site and I tried downloading from there. Installed that, but same problem.

I was talking about old stock drivers which actually worked. You need to disable any hp utility which scans for updates and also for windows you can disable driver updates and updates for other Ms products.

Back