Nokia Lumia 920 Coming to India on January 15

Yeah unfortunately that's the sad truth. :(

I had to convince myself when I walked into the mobile outlet that I will not pick up the iPh. 5 and instantly paid the guy for a piece. Lest I make up my mind and get the iPhone.

The phone's pricing would hit the 30k mark within the next 3~4 months. Only the really eager and the rich ones would pick up the device at this price. The rest would wait for the prices to go down or pick up alternatives.

Like I said in the other thread, it's unfortunate but simple economics. Nokia's mistake was greatly underestimating demand, but then they simply don't have the supply chain might of Apple or Samsung to stock up millions in inventory, so maybe they had no choice at all. Given the situation that 920 is still selling way more than they can make, Rs. 36k is not a bad price. Not great value, but not bad. This device does have several differentiating features not available on any other smartphone. Yes, the prices are going to drop once the supply stabilizes, but you have to pay the cost to be an early adopter. There's no conspiracy or incompetence involved, it is just the market sorting itself out. I have to say, I don't regret jumping for the 8X though.

Considering the phone and its features, the price is not bad. Considering how much Nokia depends on this phone, it is really really bad. And to top it off, they are way too late in the market. By the time the price comes to the reach of the mainstream market other vendors will already bring out their newer devices. They could have avoided it a bit by making 820 a better phone in design and that is overpriced as well. So they can't really gain much market-share with 820 either. Their only hope is probably with 620 but they can't keep much margin without overpricing it and people are already talking about the meager 1300 mah battery.

Back