Nokia Lumia 920 Coming to India on January 15

^I read somewhere that if you change your locale to US all the bing extras become accessible (although they may not be enitrely useful in india). If microsoft includes indian languages in bing vision/translate, any nokia handset would be the ultimate travellers phone. IN random thoughts, they could make the WP8 the ultimate business phone by integrating some basic MS Access, outlook (ms exchange) and sharepoint.

My heart is onto this phone but then I have decided not to spend a lot of money on a smartphone , since Focus i917 still suffices most of my needs with some minor glitches :ashamed: .

^I read somewhere that if you change your locale to US all the bing extras become accessible (although they may not be enitrely useful in india). If microsoft includes indian languages in bing vision/translate, any nokia handset would be the ultimate travellers phone. IN random thoughts, they could make the WP8 the ultimate business phone by integrating some basic MS Access, outlook (ms exchange) and sharepoint.

That works, but doing so breaks other things, like buying apps from Store. What is funny is that in the Me tile Check In, it accurately finds all the locations Local Scout would were it enabled. It's just an oversight they have to fix. Same with Music Search and other similar features. Hopefully Xbox Music/Video services will come to India too, but that will probably take a while. Apple took nearly a decade to clear all the licenses for iTunes!

By the way, Vision Translate is awesome. It doesn't work with Indian languages, but it's a new feature they will work to improve. It works with Chinese, so not like it can only detect latin script.

Haha major blur fail! :lol:

6jdUj.jpg

IINM, it reads The Trident, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai. So yes, the event is simultaneously happening at Bombay on the 10th as well! I couldn't decipher the first few words - must be the name of the hall inside the hotel. :p

EDIT: Cullinan & Orloff it is. Link

AFAIK these Indian factories of Nokia only manufacture the low-end phones. Also a tax raid is normal until it is proved in court, after which there will be a penalty to be paid. The business is not shut down during this time.

The Mobile Store is one of them, having the two up for reservations now at Rs. 39,999 ($728 / €556) for the Lumia 920 and at Rs. 29,999 ($546 / €417) for the Lumia 820. The two handsets are listed as available in Red, White, Black and Yellow, with a release date
set for January 18. However, the retailer also notes that the price tags are only for pre-orders, and that the actual cost of these devices might be different. The official release date might be different
for both handsets as well.

Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 Up for Pre-Order in India at The Mobile Store - Softpedia

Today is the big day! We should hopefully get the proper pricing by afternoon. :p

Have never been this excited before for a device launch! Not even for the iPhone launches.

*fingers crossed*

The price of the Lumia 920 seems to be ok, we can see little bit downfall in coming months and settling around 30-31k :)

Not intended any kind of disrespect towards the fan/buyer of this phone, but at launch price 38k for 920 which crossed even Sam's Note 2 price. Is this phone that much worth ?

Back