Nokia 1100 with Android 5.0

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Nokia 1100 with Android 5.0 leaks in new benchmark

nokia-1100-630x419.jpg

Nokia surprised us all with its metal N1 tablet last year. Now, it looks like the company could be gearing up to announce a new Android smartphone as well.

The mysterious device popped up in a recent benchmark with the name Nokia 1100, a clear nod to the company’s classic candybar phone (pictured above). The original Nokia 1100 launched in 2003, eventually selling 250 million units. It still holds the title of best-selling gadget ever, suggesting the company could have extremely high hopes for its upcoming Android handset.

So here’s what we know about the new Nokia 1100. It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and packs a quad-core MediaTek processor along with 466MB of RAM. This suggests we’re looking at a mid-range device that could come pretty cheap, though we’re just speculating for now.

Nokia’s deal with Microsoft also means it can’t release a new smartphone until late 2016. That leaves plenty of time to test out new devices before an official release. Still, we’re excited to see what the Finnish company has planned, even if it won’t arrive until over a year from now.

When I first saw this on GSMA I checked the date twice to make sure if it were 1st April, turns out this is real after all !

I'd be willing to sacrifice on processor, ram, storage, camera, screen size and resolution for a cheap smartphone with good reception, gps, audio, battery, reliability and durability. Especially from a reputed brand.

Back