Android Nexus 7 - wifi model - unlock

kenkanya

Disciple
Hi folks,

Need your help.
Having the following.
Nexus 7 Tablet (first gen tab). WIFI only model.
Andriod 4.3

Required.
1. To access usb (pen drive)
2. To access internet (dongle 3g)

Let me know, how to do the same. I read somewhere need to "root it". Do let me know the procedure

. without using computer
. with using computer

Steps to be simple/easy as iam not a computer wizard! There is no warranty, so iam ok. Main reason is number 2, that is - to access internet using 3g dongle. (No WIFI in house)
Iam not sure, if computer can be used (I don't have a computer). My friend has, and his office laptop cannot be used/download (track software is used) other softwares. So looking for unlocking without computer.

Or anyother method that you folks - find easy to unlock and meet my two requirements as mentioned above. What if in case any issues come up during unlock, thus the service center take it up?
thanks

As far as i know, rooting nexus 7 requires pc/ laptop. Its very easy to root using wugs nexus toolkit which u can find online. Rooting will erase the tab completely so take backup. You will have to unlock bootloader and then root it. After that you can use stickmount app to use usb storage via OTG. There are videos which show step by step procedure too and xda forum is always there.

Rooting is quite safe and at the most in worst case scenario your tab will softbrick which can be fixed by the same toolkit too.

Tracking software and company laptop shouldnt cause any issue. There is nothing illegal you are going to do. You will need admin rights though on machine to install drivers and adb etc.

How come you are on old android version still without custom roms and or root etc? System update msg doesnt bother you?

If you are from pune and need help, let me know. I can root it on my desktop if u dont have any alternative.

Can you provide me the video link so that i can try the same. ( I want to make sure the video link is correct, what i want to use for unlocking, rather i see couple of videos and not sure of!). I also need to convince my friend to let use his laptop with no fear of track-software.
Iam on old version for the simple reason - it's used only for videos, reading some pdfs, sometimes games. Nothing more than that. Now that would like to connect to internet - iam searching for options. I do get virus expiration pop-ups though. Iam not from pune. :(

Back