Android Nexus 5 dead. Need to reecover data

Hi,
So my Nexus5 died from drained battery and did'nt switch on. Took it to LG service center and was told the motherboard needs to be replaced and it would cost 8.5k. They said recovering data is impossible.
Any way I can recover the data , pics and stuff?
I mainly want my contacts numbers.

Thanks

Last edited:
didn't you sync your contacts to your google account, that is default ON anyways in android. Go to your email, click contacts and see if they are there. if they are, don't worry. your new phone will have those contacts as u can sync them aain.

if not, you are screwed.

btw mother broad replacement doesn't delete data, only emmc replacement does unless they both come in one part in which you are screwed :p

Hi,
So my Nexus5 died from drained battery and did'nt switch on. Took it to LG service center and was told the motherboard needs to be replaced and it would cost 8.5k. They said recovering data is impossible.
Any way I can recover the data , pics and stuff?
I mainly want my contacts numbers.

Thanks

You sure that battery drain caused the phone to go dead ? I say this because I have a Nexus 7 and it has happened me with that it went dead one day due to battery drain. I lost all hopes. I even scheduled a visit to the ASUS service center. But then I don't know why but I kept it connected to my laptop (not wall charger ) for around 1-2 hours. Connecting even overnight on wall charger did not help. But after being connected to laptop for 2 Hours, I tried booting the tablet and it came to life with <5% battery.

I tried to recreate the same thing again later to verify and indeed I was able to bring back the tablet to life using the laptop connection. Try it out I say.

Thanks , contacts are there. I tried wall socket for 1 day and laptop for few mins.
Will try laptop charging for 2 hrs.
I took it to LG service center and he opened it and told me motherboard needs to be replaced because device is not recognized.

Thanks , contacts are there. I tried wall socket for 1 day and laptop for few mins.
I took it to LG service center and he opened it and told me motherboard needs to be replaced because device is not recognized.

The device won't show up for me as well in laptop. Still I kept for 2 hours or so. Try it out.

service centre's really don't know shit. My mom's s7562 had wifi prob.. they changed the whole motherboard. I am sure if you do some google and search xda, you will be able to get it back powered on.

service centre's really don't know shit. My mom's s7562 had wifi prob.. they changed the whole motherboard. I am sure if you do some google and search xda, you will be able to get it back powered on.

I think motherboard replacement is their one solution to all problems. :D

How can the phone die due to battery drain?

Usually they don't and I am positive that if the OP tried what I mentioned, the phone will come alive. But yes it is weird that after the battery is completely drained, for some strange reason, the phone / tablet doesn't come back immediately (like old phones and such where even with dead battery, it turns on as soon as you connect to charger).
I had HP Touchpad long back and in that too it would refuse to turn on after battery drain. Only keeping connected to power adapter for extended time would bring it back to life.
I don't know but may be these devices require trickle charging when dead and I believe laptop provides that. Just guessing.

ok.. tried laptop charging for 2.5hrs now and tried press and hold power button till 2mins. nothinng happened.
tried vol down+power for 30 secs , nothing happened.

what do I do now?

When you press the power button, do you see a red light in the pulse notification light? If yes, then you're screwed! :(

@GODMODE09 Visit the LG SC again and ask them to put a new battery in and try to power it on should work if not then u have to pay for the repairs.

@Sobirvs EMMC is always on the mother board how it is possible to be 2 different parts ?

@raksrules The reason they (SC) ask for replacement coz they do not repair the mother boards they will always replace it whether it is in warranty or out of warranty.

@thawfu666 That is red light of death which was there in Nexus 4 early batches and not in Nexus 5.

If there is a problem with the battery itself and it is not getting charged, then there is a good chance that the device will not get powered on. The first thing the service centre guys should have done is to replace with a known working battery. If it still doesnt power on then it might be a problem with the mother board. Ask them to change the battery before you next time you visit them

yeah.. will try that out. The guy just connected it to a pc and said "device is not recognized" and he opened and showed me and told me the motherboard has to be replaced.
Any idea how much a new battery would cost?

Back