Budget 51-70k New Gaming Rig

Discussion in 'PC Buying Advice' started by Ankur.J, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Ankur.J

Ankur.J Game Guy
    Disciple

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    No Hardware
    Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    NA
    [FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.[/FONT]

• CPU - Intel 3570K
    • Motherboard - Looking for either ASRock, Asus, Gigabyte Z77 with nice features and good overclocking
    • [FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GPU - Preferring Nvidia 600 series, but I am open to AMD 7000 series if there aren't driver issues and play all games nicely. [/FONT]
    • PSU-only corsair

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• NO

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    Pune, Mumbai and open to online purchase if safe and secure, TE dealer???
    Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    If the quality is good enough
    Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    Just want good service, no dislike yet.
    Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    BF3, BLOPS2, Crysis 3, GTA 5 in future
    Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1080p

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• Yes of course

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7, not sure about 8

2. Ankur.J

Ankur.J Game Guy
    Disciple

Bump!

3. write2anandsharma

write2anandsharma New Member
    Disciple

gigabyte z77x-ud3h 12000
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.4 GHZ(6MB Cache, up to 3.80 GHz, HD4000, 1600 Mhz) 14000
    Gskill 8GB RAM F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 2750
    Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 5500
    Asus Internal DVD/RW SATA : DRW-24B5ST 1146
    CORSAIR SMPS 500CXV2UK 3250
    CORSAIR CABINET 300R 3952
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 (Keyboard+Mouse) 1630
    Total 44228

4. Ankur.J

Ankur.J Game Guy
    Disciple

Do you know where should I buy it from?

5. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member
    Adept

Intel i5 3570k+Thermalright Silver Arrow-19.5k
    Asus P8Z77-M PRO-12.5k
    Gskill RipjawsZ 4GBX2 1600mhz-3.5k
    Segate 1TB 7200.14-4.2k
    Sapphire HD7850 OC-15k
    Corsair TX650V2-5.4k
    Corsair 400R-5.4k OR Nzxt Source 210 Elite-2.6k
    Logitech MK200 Combo-0.7k
    Dell ST2220L-8.5k
    APC 1.1KVA-4.9k
    This rig going up to 72k,If you want a good overclocking rig then you'd have to add few bucks,If your budget is tight then you'd consider about getting a non-ocing rig.
    Hope this helps.[​IMG]

6. Ankur.J

Ankur.J Game Guy
    Disciple

Hey what do you think about Asus P8Z77-V LX or Asrock Extreme 4? Is the M pro an m-ATX board? I am basically looking this for gaming only, so should I get an SSD rather than an HDD?
    What is APC?
    I am looking at 650D case or 500R what do you think of it?
    I can stretch my budget to 90k, but I am scared of installing the CPU.
    Also where should I get the parts online, Pune, Mumbai??

7. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member
    Adept

Go with the Asus P8Z77M- PRO mobo you won't have any trouble even if it's M-ATX,If you're ready to add 30k extra then go with Asus P8Z77-V-16k this is a VFM mbo better than AS Rock exreme.Also instead of HD7850 GPU get the Sapphire HD7950-25k which will be future proof for gaming.
    APC 1.1kVA is a UPS which you'll need for power backup of 10-15 min
    Since you've budget of 90k you'd get both Segate 1TB 7200.14 HDD-4.3k for storage and OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD-7.5k for installing OS and Games.
    Instead of 500R go with Corsair 400R it's a VFM Case with good airflow and design.If you've decided to spend 10k on650D then it's your call,It's a great case.
    If you're from mubai get the components from Primeabgb OR Theitwares from lamington road,If online then try Flipkart OR Smc international and primeabgb.
    Hope this clears stuff.

8. Ankur.J

Ankur.J Game Guy
    Disciple

Ok so the parts things are clear, but I am not sure whether to trust online shopping, I like flipkart's COD, will check on primeabgb.
    Are there more tech shops at lamington road? I am from Pune, so I can come to buy only for 1 day.
    What do you think about mdcomputer.in or itdepot.com??

9. enc_MAYhem

enc_MAYhem New Member
    Disciple

You my friend are confused, here is what i would recommend.

get a 1TB HDD WD preferably the Green one because its cheap.. not as fast as compared to the WD Black.. but gets the job done. and then get a 64GB SSD as a boot drive for windows.. just put windows on it.

and also dont compromise on the Case, i have a NZXT Phantom and i imported it all the way from the south to here north! paid like 8.5k for just the case.. why did i spend so much? I have better cooling.. i can put in any kind of water cooling radiators if i wish to in the future + it looks sexy. :))

Buying online is safe but expensive.. Flipkart has increased its prices very much.. the same time when i was building my system i could find parts cheaper locally then on flipkart! the only thing i bought from flipkart was the Cooler master 212 Evo which was like 100 rs cheaper then locally and my gpu which i couldnt find in the market.. which was a ASUS gtx 560ti Direct CUII.

Just compare the prices first and then buy online.. if a product which you want is un-available.. look for a alternative, dont spend more money on it.. cause in the end everything performs the same.

about the config:

Intel 3570k 14000
    MSI Z77-GD65 Mobo its way superior then the ud3h has all those military class components and shit. 12k-14k
    about the Grpahics card get a GTX 670 28k
    Atleast a Cooler Master 690 II Advanced case or look into the Corsair 650D about 8k i believe.
    WD 1TB 7200RPM Green Drive 5k
    OCZ 64 GB SSD - i cant recommend a particular model cause i dont have experience with them, also SSD's die very quick.. they'll only last you like 3-4 years.. research on them.
    Corsair GS800 PSU.
    Corsair vengeance 1600mhz 4GB X 2 kit.

Add me on facebook if you need more advice or stuff, i rarely visit the forum.

fb.com/ami39

or skype: enc_MAYhem

10. Ankur.J

Ankur.J Game Guy
    Disciple

Hey guys here is the build I am looking to go, I am keeping the budget 60k, please check check the parts and give suggestions, though if you guys can make get a an Overclocking build for me inside 60K then it will be very good. This is the gaming rig to say again.
    RAM: Gskill 8GB 3.2k
    GPU: GTX 660 14.5k
    Case: 400R 5.8k
    PSU: CX 600 4.2k
    DVD RW: 1k
    SSD: OCZ Agility 60GB 4k
    Keyboard + mouse: 1k
    Monitor: BenQ G2420HD 24 inch 9.9k
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H 4.3k
    CPU: i5-3450 11.7k

Please suggest me any changes and feel free to comment.

11. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member
    Adept

Change the psu to Seasonic S12ii 520W-4.2k OR Corsair TX650V2-5.3k,Everything else looks fine,Go for it.

12. maran_11

maran_11 Member
    Disciple

@Ankur.J get a benq gl240hm instead official MLG monitorhttp://www.flipkart.com/benq-24-inch-led-gl2450hm-monitor/p/itmdfpqpw7nffhjy?pid=MOND9ZW9AMNZ4FKU&ref=88df2116-ed7d-4671-a763-4370319aa84e&srno=t_2&otracker=from-search&query=benq

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014