Graphic Cards New Extreme Gaming series by Gigabyte replacing G1 Gaming?

SamDaMan

Disciple
Gigabyte just added 5 new cards to their new Extreme Gaming series, which launched a while ago with their new 950.

I was wondering what the future of the series would be given that it was better than windforce but I didn't know how it would stack up against G1 Gaming cards(since there aren't any such 950's) but now since they have announced new EG 970, 980, 980ti(2 of them) and a TitanX i feel they might just add this as a tier above G1 gaming as their premium cards, with G1 becoming a little more affordable.

Considering I have a G1 gaming970, im interested to see the future of the line wrt the newly launched cards, which i can only assume will continue with pascal next year.

Also anyone see any performance reviews of the new cards yet? don't think they have hit the market.

Here is the PC gamer announcement article, there are probably more.
http://www.pcgamer.com/gigabyte-adds-new-overclocked-nvidia-gpus-to-its-xtreme-series/

I've had a fairly good experience with Gigabyte cards, though to say that one is better than the other is quite an exercise in futility. Outside of a few cheap brands, MSI, ASUS, and Gigabyte among others are pretty good and you really could not go wrong either of these options. For me though, Gigabyte is a good choice.

I have been a fan of ASUS cards. I have a NVIDIA 770 2 GB ASUS. Is gigabyte better than ASUS ?
Depends on the cards. For NVIDIA cards, Gigabyte normally has a higher power limit than Asus/MSI which means they clock higher at the cost of some more noise. Buy the following based upon need:

Overclocking : Gigabyte G1
Noise: Asus Strix
Balanced performance/acoustics: MSI Gaming
Water cooled: EVGA Hybrid

Depends on the cards. For NVIDIA cards, Gigabyte normally has a higher power limit than Asus/MSI which means they clock higher at the cost of some more noise. Buy the following based upon need:

Overclocking : Gigabyte G1
Noise: Asus Strix
Balanced performance/acoustics: MSI Gaming
Water cooled: EVGA Hybrid

I think the Extreme Gaming cards are meant for even higher/more strenuous overclocking given the emphasis on durability, cooling and build quality. So it seems Gigabyte are playing to their strengths.

Any idea if any reviews are out?

I think the Extreme Gaming cards are meant for even higher/more strenuous overclocking given the emphasis on durability, cooling and build quality. So it seems Gigabyte are playing to their strengths.

Any idea if any reviews are out?
Not aware of any reviews. Its appears to be mostly a rebranding exercise.

From what I have read about the Extreme Gaming series, these cards are being made for overclocking. While I am not sure about the G1 Gaming series remaining relevant, according to me it would seem to be the end of that lineup. I mean the Windforce series is here to stay as it is their budget end factory OC line up, however, the Extreme Gaming may be all about appealing to the high end modder/gamer crowd.

Hope this helps.

I was interested in an Extreme Gaming card, however at the time only a 950 was available so i ended up with a G1 Gaming 960, gets most of my gaming done without any problems with performance levels higher than consoles, so I'm happy with that.

The new Extreme Gaming lineup does look promising, but i guess everything depends on pricing and availability in India, if they cost way more than G1 Gaming, Gigabyte really need to show how they might be worth the higher investment.

Back