New ACT(BEAM) Broadband Plans-2015

None of my friends have upgraded to 100mbps plan. Even @Lord Nemesis did not afaik or else you loose 2mbps post fup advantage.

Anything above 20mbit/s is okay, most servers are not ready to support 80mbit/s+ bandwidth downloads. Forget p2p and local cache content in this case.

59571689.jpg

Hope someone sues BSNL for anti-competitive practices & for preferential treatment in fewer circles.

I think we should first file an RTI to know the official response in this matter from BSNL.
They wont respond as this is a query; they will only provide info which is there in their records.

BTW Hyderabad users experienced any better latency, They have Airtel bandwidth now in addition to TATA and Vodafone, I have been told they have burstable bandwidth up to 110Gbps( Mostly Domestic).

Last edited:
Hello There, If You changed your Plan in the last 6months, Then they won't automatically change it from Next month since TRAI rule says " A customers plan cannot be changed within 6months of his enrollment."

OJjghBh.png

Dear Atria, Thank you for following rules.

So guys, I just moved to the 100 mbps plan from You like a few of the members here, I would like to confirm if you get the advertised bandwidth on US servers. I am getting 94mbps on Indian servers, but US servers it falls to ~20mbps, can the ACT guys please post speedtest results of servers on the east and west coast please?

So guys, I just moved to the 100 mbps plan from You like a few of the members here, I would like to confirm if you get the advertised bandwidth on US servers. I am getting 94mbps on Indian servers, but US servers it falls to ~20mbps, can the ACT guys please post speedtest results of servers on the east and west coast please?
Pretty much normal. Download Speed tests file from here: https://www.leaseweb.com/platform/network (Run for a minute or so)
These networks have good peering agreements, so you can see the exact results.

Even Digitalocean has good network: http://ipv4.speedtest-nyc3.digitalocean.com/

Yeah, even YOU came fast and took the money but gave the connection after a month. ACT is however, more professional I think. It has come to phase where we need to select which thief is better but a thief would remain a thief whether it is YOU, ACT or Airtel

What about leaseweb speed tests?

I just checked, got 80mbps, it was increasing steadily, will have to test larger than 10mb file to know the steady rate.

just a tiny query , how long does the FUP last for you guys ?

my 75 gb gets over in 10-15 days

I had just upgraded to the 4mbps 80GB FUP from airtel, then I got YOU as well, I used to be very cautious make sure I stretch it out till the end of the month, cause I cant take the 512kbps surfing. If you download games, then definitely upwards of 100GB would be required, add to that HD movies and the occasional streaming, I am hoping I will be ok with the 200GB FUP on YOU.

@Jasku I did the same test, and I am on You WTF 100 Mbps too, and am maxing out at around 5 MB/s (East Coast) In actual speed should be around 10~11 MB/s.
Can you please test a on a 1000 Mb file (100~200 MB Download) and post a screenshot, of the highest speed you are getting ?
(If You Broadband is exaggerating the plan speeds, we can point them to this thread and hold them accountable)

@swatkats - What speeds are you getting on ACT / Beam for leaseweb servers ?

just a tiny query , how long does the FUP last for you guys ?

my 75 gb gets over in 10-15 days
For me.. 60Gb used to last 18-20 days, so 75Gb should do it till 25th or 26th of the month.
I just checked, got 80mbps, it was increasing steadily, will have to test larger than 10mb file to know the steady rate.

Your Speeds are Good man, Don't be like FK's bansal man, Try 100mb files with each server.
@swatkats - What speeds are you getting on ACT / Beam for leaseweb servers ?
Though i am not on 100mbit/s plan, I can confirm i am able to reach 90% speed on 50mbit/s plan.
My present plan is 20mbit/s.

I request people with 100mbit/s or 50mbit/s plans to check with leaseweb by downloading sample 100MB files. They have Good network and you will get an clear idea.

Back