New ACT(BEAM) Broadband Plans-2015

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Update: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/1408.../beam-fiber-get-brand-makeover-hyderabad-soon

Some Insights:
Looks like the entire deal went for 700+ Crores.
ACT revenue mostly could have clocked over 400+ Crores FY-14

Beam telecom could be ACT broadband anytime. If you are thinking what's there to wonder? Don't expect Speed bumps at regular intervals and expect Poor post FUP plans which ACT offers for bangalore or Chennai right now.

If Such pathetic broadband plans come from Ex-Beam in future, there would be no competition in hyderabad
@bssunil @dexBG @kippu @krisballa @tufel[DOUBLEPOST=1406232313][/DOUBLEPOST]

I know i am good with numbers. :joyful:

vr6hdMa.png

PS: (My Plan)From next month onwards 15MBPS Plan becomes 20MBPS with 75GB FUP via Speed Post FUP is 3MBPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are faster speeds than what we get here in sydney. I am truly apalled. I get 20mbps adsl connection with 15mbps theoretical speed with 3-4mbps actual. 200gb fup with 256kbps post fup. 90 dollars a month. :( I miss my beam connection more so now.

Finally Greedy ACT crushes BEAM.

The only reason why i am happy is 100mbps for residential and up to 250 mbps for business.

The only reason i am angry with ACT is they're continuing Lame FUP limits and treating bandwidth it as an precious commodity just like airtel's way of treating.. In this HD era those GB's last for first 15 days of the month. Frankly speaking.

ACT offers ‘fastest Internet package’ with 100 mbps speed at ₹2,799 a month - The Hindu Business Line

Absorbs Beam Fibernet; plans to expand services to North India

As it absorbs Beam Fiber into itself to rollout a pan-India expansion plan, Atria Convergence Technologies (ACT) has launched perhaps the fastest Internet package with 100 mbps speed with a download limit of 200 GB for retail customers in the country. It is priced at Rs 2,799 a month. For enterprise customers, it launches Net speeds of 250 mbps.

Addressing a press conference here on Monday, ACT Group Chief Executive Officer Bala Malladi said after strengthening its presence in the South, the company is now looking at expanding to the Northern market. Beam services would now be referred to as ACT Fibernet.

The company, with a base of 6.5 lakh customers, is targeting to cross the 10-lakh mark in the next one year, growing at over 40 per cent. The company, which earned a turnover of Rs 500 crore in 2013, hopes to complete the year with a turnover of Rs 750 crore.

“We have decided to absorb Beam Fiber in order to present a common, unified brand as we go national,” he said.

ACT acquired Beam Telecom, which has very strong presence in the Hyderabad market, in 2009 to make it a 100 per cent subsidiary. It has an employee base of 5,000, with 2,000 working in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The company raised Rs 180 crore in 2013.

“We have invested over Rs 1,000 crore so far,” Bala said.

India Value Fund, a major investor in the firm, said that it was open to invest further in the company should it require funds for its expansion.

http://thehindubusinessline.com/features/smartbuy/tech-news/act-fibernet-absorbs-beam-fibernet-to-expand-to-north/article6902231.ece/

Any idea whether they are automatically transition the Hypersonic 2799 users to the new plan or is it going to be done on request?

Over all they doubled the speeds, kept the FUP limit same and reduced the post FUP speed from 6 Mbps to 4 Mbps. I which they could have either increased the FUP limit to 250GB or bumped the post FUP speed to 10 MBPS for this plan. That would have made this plan a killer.

Present plan users will be shifted to those new plans from April 1st. Pricing is going to be the same for old users.
Without your consent they cannot force you to pay more, they would inform when they want you to pay more.

I agree, 2799 plan FUP should have been increased.
End of the day its Evil ACT. Few days more Hyderabad would see bangalore like crappy plans. They're not willing to take chances because their main revenue and customer base is in Hyderabad.

Hyderabad definitely needs a ISP Which can counter ACT or it would be a monopoly situation.

ACT has been upgrading the speed every few months but they always kept the FUPs same, decreased it in some plans and also decreased the speed after FUP.

If anybody here has such high speed plans - above 40~50 Mbps, Can you please do a speedtest to the SoftLayer Tech. test server located in San Jose, California ?
I have a You Broadband 100 Mbps plan at my place, and the speed is nowhere close to 100. Speed to Indian servers is around 45 Mbps and speed to US / UK / EU servers varies from 10 - 25 Mbps.
I am thinking of going to consumer court over this.

Would really appreciate some info from ACT, Beam or other high speed broadband users.

@JMP please check your speed on you broadband website. You should get 80mbps minimum speeds from their node or else you can sue them in consumer courts.

Even ACT users speedtest results wont show more than 90mbps on a 100mbps plan.

Talking about 100mbit/s plans here.. 5 years before we thought we'l see such speed not until 2020 at affordable price tags. Fake isp would be a revolution everyone thought. Here we have real Isp's now.

~ 42 Mbps on their own website.

I am not asking for exact 100 Mbps speed, but on a plan advertised to be 100 Mbps, is it not reasonable to expect 75 Mbps ? They are taking customers for a ride with false advertising.

I am glad that we have real ISPs now, ones which provide speeds comparable to the rest of the world. Hoping for more competition. Everybody has put a lot of hopes on Reliance Jio, let see how that plays out.

Last edited:
I'm so jealous of you guys. In my area there is no ISP i have to use the net connection from some small Airtel bandwidth reseller company :(

If anybody here has such high speed plans - above 40~50 Mbps, Can you please do a speedtest to the SoftLayer Tech. test server located in San Jose, California ?
I have a You Broadband 100 Mbps plan at my place, and the speed is nowhere close to 100. Speed to Indian servers is around 45 Mbps and speed to US / UK / EU servers varies from 10 - 25 Mbps.
I am thinking of going to consumer court over this.

Would really appreciate some info from ACT, Beam or other high speed broadband users.

I am getting ~44Mbps to the server you mentioned. This is on a Beam Hypersonic 50Mbps plan

For Indian servers, I usually get the full 50 Mbps

Last edited:
Has anyone migrated to the 20mbps plan?

Looks like BSNL hyderabad has joined the party with 4Mbps 40Gb ;1Mbps post fup for 610. Pretty much decent
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
I'm so jealous of you guys. In my area there is no ISP i have to use the net connection from some small Airtel bandwidth reseller company :(
i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Same here :( Had attempted to get connection from all wired ISPs but no feasibility in my area.
Although now using MTNL 3G plan (there was no 3g network in my area, but bought a powerful repeater antenna for getting network) its still not stable.

Looks like BSNL all out too woo people in HYD!!!
Source
This plan is as same it was earlier, only plans under 1k had upgrades.

Btw, Airtel has bought a new plan here - 16Mbps up to 200Gb and then 2Mbps for Rs 1899.

2Mbps post FUP speeds from airtel. Mera jeevan dhanya ho gaya.

Incase If ACT and bsnl doesn't work well at your end. I guess rest of india pays around 5500 for the same shit.
image.jpg

Last edited:
^ Bengaluru welcomes you too :)
4164729452.png

@Lord Nemesis - Thanks a lot for the speed test result.
Unfortunately, speeds in case of You Broadband is not great for US & EU severs. I had a lengthy argument with their "backend" team, no luck, they started with stories like it is a public network, we don't have control - blah blah.

I am waiting for Reliance Jio to launch / Airtel to launch similar plans, then probably international bandwidth will increase.

Last edited:
^ Bengaluru welcomes you too :)
4164729452.png

Unfortunately, speeds in case of You Broadband is not great for US & EU severs. I had a lengthy argument with their "backend" team, no luck, they started with stories like it is a public network, we don't have control - blah blah.

I am waiting for Reliance Jio to launch / Airtel to launch similar plans, then probably international bandwidth will increase.
Well this is the tricky part.
The other day i was arguing with an Beam backend guy about poor upgrades. I told them beam cannot just upgrade to 100mbps from 50mbps and lower post fup speeds. He told me it is not possible to just upgrade like that and to keep such kind of bandwidth costs them. Well, i couldnt disagree with them. These providers like YOU who are now advertising may have abundant domestic bandwidth and not international bandwidth.

That person dared me to check speeds with servers from all over world with good peering routes. There you are complaining about poor international speeds.

^ If you don't mind - Can you please post some speed tests to international servers - San Jose, NY, UK & EU ?
I want to shove it to the face of these You Broadband people and tell them to behave with some decency.

Beam & Act are probably really good in that regard - whatever they provide, they provide with honesty, without false advertising and hidden loop holes.
I have head that even ping of Beam / Act is good to international severs.

The only option to get either would be to move away from my own house, into a rented house where these ISPs are available. Too much of a hassle, for now. :)

Back