Budget 41-50k Need to upgrade My PC (Gaming/Surfing/HDmovies) - Budget 50k

Aniruddh

Adept
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50K(55K max)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i3
    • Motherboard - Asus XXX
    • GPU - ATI 4770
    • RAM - Corsair 2x2 1333
    • Monitor - Dell 20 Inch
    • PSU - Corsair Vx 4XX
    • HDD - WD 640GB
    • Cabinet - Coolermaster
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Corsair 2x2 1333
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 ??
    • Motherboard - ??
    • GPU - ??
    • PSU - Dont think my current PSU will suffice, so need suggestion on this !!
    • RAM - 4GB (Total 8GB)
    • HDD - 1TB , Brand ?
    • Monitor - (LG, Dell, Samsung) ??
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component - Yes Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Raipur ( CG)/Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • hhmm not too sure
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Normal surfing
    • HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No!! but i need few options, because not everything is available at my place.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    GTA5 , FarCry 4, Team fortress 2!!
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7

Last edited:
Processor- Intel i5 4440- 12500
CPU Cooler
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO- 1600
Motherboard
- Gigabyte B85M-D3H- 5500
Memory
- Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8GB 1600MHz- 4500
Graphics Card
- MSI GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5- 11000
Power Supply
- Antec VP550- 4000
Cabinet
- Corsair Spec-01- 3500
Internal Storage
- WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD- 3500
Optical Drive
- Asus DRW-24D3ST DVD R/W- 1000
Monitor
- Dell S2240L LED IPS 22"- 8800
Keyboard
- Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo- 800
Mouse
- Included in combo- 0

Total-56,700.

@bssunil made a nice list. In fact that PC can be build on an even lower budget if you buy those from various sites. My friend has that exact same CPU and GPU and he used a VP450 which is more than adequate unless you plan to upgrade the GPU. If power consumption doesn't matter much and gaming is the 1st preference, you could get an even better GPU (r9 270x or GTX 960 perhaps). Don't get me wrong 750 Ti is killer for a card that doesn't require 6 pin connector in most of its versions. (incl. the one suggested above.). It's just that in heavy gaming you will notice the difference over better cards.
And even if not listed I assume you have optical drive,keyboard and mouse and could keep them.
Not to mention your existing PC cud fetch a decent amount on TE.
From your post I gather you are planning to keep the RAM and add another 4gb. A faster system would require you to sell it off and go with the above suggestion.
But if budget becomes a constrain you would be better off adding a cheap 4gb RAM (dynet 1333MHz?) and utilizing the saved amount towards the GPU.

I agree with justmat, 750ti is more for HT/mini PCs and systems with <300w psu's.
a gtx 960 would be the best choice here but if budget is a concern then you can follow this flowgram and get what you can afford;
gtx 960>gtx 760>270x>270>265>260x>260=750ti>250x

P.s. i dont think you need a cpu upgrade;
instead of blowing 20k on a new cpu+mobo i think you should get a large ssd instead. along with 8gb ram and a 960, that would be a great system for the intended use without blowing your entire budget.
Your current cpu+mobo is newer and faster than my pentium e5700(released in 2010) but i went for a monster gpu (280x toxic) and am able to game with everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) maxed out at ultra.
basically, minimum 4gb ram and a good gpu is all you need - the cpu has a much lower impact in gaming performance (even with the bad console ports).

the most common bottleneck with modern pcs is the hard drive - hence an ssd will give you a better experience than a new cpu.

Last edited:
Processor- Intel i5 4440- 12500
CPU Cooler
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO- 1600
Motherboard
- Gigabyte B85M-D3H- 5500
Memory
- Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8GB 1600MHz- 4500
Graphics Card
- MSI GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5- 11000
Power Supply
- Antec VP550- 4000
Cabinet
- Corsair Spec-01- 3500
Internal Storage
- WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD- 3500
Optical Drive
- Asus DRW-24D3ST DVD R/W- 1000
Monitor
- Dell S2240L LED IPS 22"- 8800
Keyboard
- Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo- 800
Mouse
- Included in combo- 0

Total-56,700.

thanks a ton pal for the above config.
Will i need a seperate CPU cooler?right now using none and it works just fine , though have got 3 fans installed in the cabinet.
Is the monitor you have recommended full hd?
Also i forgot to mention that i'd like to keep my current Cabinet, since its decent coolermaster model with lots of space.
Can you please suggest me couple of good gaming mouse?

@bssunil made a nice list. In fact that PC can be build on an even lower budget if you buy those from various sites. My friend has that exact same CPU and GPU and he used a VP450 which is more than adequate unless you plan to upgrade the GPU. If power consumption doesn't matter much and gaming is the 1st preference, you could get an even better GPU (r9 270x or GTX 960 perhaps). Don't get me wrong 750 Ti is killer for a card that doesn't require 6 pin connector in most of its versions. (incl. the one suggested above.). It's just that in heavy gaming you will notice the difference over better cards.
And even if not listed I assume you have optical drive,keyboard and mouse and could keep them.
Not to mention your existing PC cud fetch a decent amount on TE.
From your post I gather you are planning to keep the RAM and add another 4gb. A faster system would require you to sell it off and go with the above suggestion.
But if budget becomes a constrain you would be better off adding a cheap 4gb RAM (dynet 1333MHz?) and utilizing the saved amount towards the GPU.

Thanks!! thats what i am going to do man. Not everything is easily available locally,Also most of the stuff are over priced . tomorrow ill be visiting few shops to see what all i can have locally and remaining stuff will order online.
i am sure these are the things i wont get here gaming mouse, PSU , decent brands ram and GPU!!
Yes i do have a keyboard and mouse, though i am planning to get a new mouse and will keep the current keyboard.
Yes thats what i was planning to do, keep the ram and add another 4 gb. total of 8gb. Do let me know if its a good idea or i should just get a new 4x2 1333 ram.... probably online along with other things which ill be ordering.
Can you suggest me few decent sites through which i can get some of the hardware?

I agree with justmat, 750ti is more for HT/mini PCs and systems with <300w psu's.
a gtx 960 would be the best choice here but if budget is a concern then you can follow this flowgram and get what you can afford;
gtx 960>gtx 760>270x>270>265>260x>260=750ti>250x

P.s. i dont think you need a cpu upgrade;
instead of blowing 20k on a new cpu+mobo i think you should get a large ssd instead. along with 8gb ram and a 960, that would be a great system for the intended use without blowing your entire budget.
Your current cpu+mobo is newer and faster than my pentium e5700(released in 2010) but i went for a monster gpu (280x toxic) and am able to game with everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) maxed out at ultra.
basically, minimum 4gb ram and a good gpu is all you need - the cpu has a much lower impact in gaming performance (even with the bad console ports).

the most common bottleneck with modern pcs is the hard drive - hence an ssd will give you a better experience than a new cpu.

No buddy!! i'd like to change both mobo+proccy as well, have been using this pc since last 4 years now.Also wont be changing it any time soon. (will keep it for atleast next 3-4 years)
Its highly unlikely that ill get those GPU here . ill check it out tomorrow if its available locally, if not then will get it online. between what is the price range of these cards 960, 270x ?
SSD?now what is this?

SSD?now what is this?

In lay man terms it works 10 times faster than your traditional hard disk but at the same time really expensive. If you accommodate in your budget suggest going with a 128gb at least (if you are on a budget look for the best price and stop listening to ppl who say go for samsung drives alone. Samsung drives are good, but you really cant make out those few seconds faster boot and load times) and make it your OS disk.

And I always suggest this to people. Once you have decided on the config give it sometime and look for deals (at least for week or a fortnight). You will get good deals on ram, procs (less though), motherboards and graphics cards. If you are in a hurry take a cpl of days at least and look for best prices.

In lay man terms it works 10 times faster than your traditional hard disk but at the same time really expensive. If you accommodate in your budget suggest going with a 128gb at least (if you are on a budget look for the best price and stop listening to ppl who say go for samsung drives alone. Samsung drives are good, but you really cant make out those few seconds faster boot and load times) and make it your OS disk.

And I always suggest this to people. Once you have decided on the config give it sometime and look for deals (at least for week or a fortnight). You will get good deals on ram, procs (less though), motherboards and graphics cards. If you are in a hurry take a cpl of days at least and look for best prices.

Thanks!! just checked the price online. cheapest i could find is Samsung 850 EVO 120 GB which costs 6.5k . i dont think 120GB will be enough,ill have to buy another 500GB atleast . 10k for both will over shoot my budget .

Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle -2600. (shopclues.com)

Ok will check that out .

As few suggested i checked MSI GTX960 2GB GPU which is close to 18k .

How is Corsair VS 650 and Corsair VS 550 compared to Antec VP 550P ?? Corsair VS650 is similarly priced as Antec. whereas VS550 is 600 bucks cheaper.

Last edited:
Antec vp is better quality. The vs is corsair's budget line.
Price difference b/w 270x and 960 is ~4k
I still think you'll get a much bigger performance boost with just an ssd and a gtx 970.

I still think you'll get a much bigger performance boost with just an ssd and a gtx 970

I agree with that. 128 GB should do the trick unless you have too much data to store (I bought a adata sp600 128 GB ssd on ebay of course with few deals combined and it costed me 3k). If your really tight on budget you can buy ssd's with some write compromises. Read speeds will be really good on most ssds and only the write speeds decreases with lesser price. Most ssds have 3 years warranty and 20gb/day data write provision and you should do good.

Please remember your hard drive would be your bottleneck for such a good config. Once you use an ssd you will never go back to traditional hard didk ( required for huge permanent data storage though)

Antec vp is better quality. The vs is corsair's budget line.
Price difference b/w 270x and 960 is ~4k
I still think you'll get a much bigger performance boost with just an ssd and a gtx 970.

Ok have decided wont compromise on this , will go ahead with MSI GTX960 2GB GPU (18k) . Is this MSI card good or i should look for some other brand/model?

Avoid corsair psu if you want to use your system more than your warranty.
Either go for seasonic or antec. Both are worth every penny and do last more than there warranty.

Okay, have narrowed down on Antec VP550 (4.5k)

I agree with that. 128 GB should do the trick unless you have too much data to store (I bought a adata sp600 128 GB ssd on ebay of course with few deals combined and it costed me 3k). If your really tight on budget you can buy ssd's with some write compromises. Read speeds will be really good on most ssds and only the write speeds decreases with lesser price. Most ssds have 3 years warranty and 20gb/day data write provision and you should do good.

Please remember your hard drive would be your bottleneck for such a good config. Once you use an ssd you will never go back to traditional hard didk ( required for huge permanent data storage though)

Thanks a lot buddy for the input. I think ill be better off getting SSD rather than the tradition HDD . how is Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB(10k) and Kingston SSD Now 240 GB Solid (7k) ?

Have decided for now ill stick with my current Monitor ( Dell 20 Inch) since its working ok. also i am tight on budget with all that which has been suggested above its already going to cost close to 55-60k . will buy 22" LED 1080 in few months time .

Thanks a lot buddy for the input. I think ill be better off getting SSD rather than the tradition HDD . how is Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB(10k) and Kingston SSD Now 240 GB Solid (7k) ?

I really don't trust kingston after they did bait and switch on their v300 line of ssds (initially they released with good components and after receiving good reviews they started using components which caused performance drops). In any case samsung 850 is really good in every aspect and you can buy it with eyes shut. If you are willing to consider transcend 370 ssds they are also good, but of course lower write speeds. For your use I don't think you need good write speeds and the read speeds are really good on those transcend ssds.

Okay visited few local stores and here is what i've finalized : -
1 - i5 4440 proccy - 13.2k
2 - Asus H81 Plus mobo - 5.8k
3- 4x2 1600 Corsair ram - 5.4k
4- LG DVD-RW - 1k
5 - Asus GTX 960 2 GB gpu - 16.3K
6- Dell 21.5 S2240L LED monitor - 9k
7- 1TB WD blue/green - he'll let me know about the availabity and price by tomorrow (Seagate 1TB readily available). Ain't buying SSD, since 250GB wont suffice also its quite expensive .Budget wont permit !!
8- Antec VP550 - not available locally , will buy online - 4.5k
9 - Gaming mouse - 2.5k . i'll have to get this online .

Total - 62,000 /-

Way above my budget!!

Edit - Will my current 4 year old Corsair VX450 PSU be able to take the load of the above system?

thanks

Intel i5 4440 - 13,500

Asus H81 plus mobo - 5,800

Corsair vengeance 4x2 DDR3 1600 ram - 5,200

Dell 21.5 LED IPS (S2240L) Monitor - 9,200

Asus GTX 960 2GB - 16,500

LG optical drive - 1,000

Antec VP550P PSU - 4,800 (online)

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Steel Red LED Mid-Tower - 4,700 ( online)

WD Caviar Green 1 TB - 3,900 (online)

Logitech G400s Wired Optical Gaming Mouse - 2,000 ( online)

Total - 67,000 /-

This was the config i was looking for .

But as you can see friends its going way beyong my budget (55k) .... i can stretch it by few more thousand , but not beyond 60 .

So, now please tell me where i need to compromise?

How about AMD FX-6300 proccy with decent mobo for it ? ill save at least 5-6k on this .

thanks

Last edited:
you could cut your ram to 4gb and shave off 2k
a cheaper cabinet can also net an ~1500 saving
also - your hard disk will be a bottleneck. i suggest a 7200rpm drive such as wd red, blue or barracuda.

Thanks @Crapmypants.

Yes going for WD 1TB blue (hope this one is fine??) - 4.5k

For now keeping my cooler master cabinet and corsair 450 psu . Will save around 8k !!

Guys need help on mobo- how is Asus B85M-G ?

Is Logitech G300 mouse good for gaming? Can't spend too much on mouse, so decided on this one which will cost me 1.6k.

Last edited:
yes the wd blue is a 7200 rpm drive - its only downside is that the max capacity is 1tb but thats how much you want so no problem there.
I should point out that i got a 2tb barracuda for 5.6k so 4.5k for a 1tb seems a bit on the higher side so i would suggest some research/haggling.
are you in a non-major metro city where prices are higher?

i found the wd blue 1tb on amazon for 4.2k. im sure you can find cheaper deals if you spend time searching the non-major online retailers (primeabg/onlyssds.com come to mind)

No experience with the g300 but lots of experience with other logitech keyboards and mice ad all are great. good build, reliable and well priced.
other TE members have also suggested the dragonwar range of mice for those on a budget.

Back