PC Peripherals Need to buy a printer for home use

atiamd

Adept
Hey folks,

I am in need of a printer this time. This is only required for ad hoc emergency prints. So, these are the features that I am looking for:

1) Wireless printing. The printer should connect to my router over wifi and accept print requests from my PC, laptop, android phone, iphone, and ipad

2) Must be able to print color also

3) Sometimes, I will print photos too

Now, I have never had a printer at home, so I am kind of at a loss here. Which printer do you guys recommend with good warranty and after sales service? Also, how does the ink refills work? Which ones should I buy later and from where and what kind of compatibility checks should I do? Thanks for any responses!

Can't help with colour as i went with a laser recently because i was fed up of ink drying up with bubble jets.

Can't help with colour as i went with a laser recently because i was fed up of ink drying up with bubble jets.
Thats quiet a drawback, which makes laser printer more suitable for home use. I had a Samsung laser which worked for about 10yrs. Now it has scan issue and paper jam issue. I had similar requirements and ok with a monochrome with scan function. Which is the best printer?

Thats quiet a drawback, which makes laser printer more suitable for home use. I had a Samsung laser which worked for about 10yrs. Now it has scan issue and paper jam issue. I had similar requirements and ok with a monochrome with scan function. Which is the best printer?

If you don't need the scan function: https://www.amazon.in/Brother-HL-L2321D-Printer-Duplex-Printing/dp/B00SHFP99W/
If you will be you will be using the scan function regularly: https://www.amazon.in/Ricoh-SP210SU-Monochrome-Multi-Function-Printer/dp/B016TL7RT0

Will you be using the scan function regularly? If you won't be using it much then it's better to go with the brother printer, Since the printers scanner tends to fail more often and they cost more to fix it that it's better to buy a new printer at that point.

Hey folks,

I am in need of a printer this time. This is only required for ad hoc emergency prints. So, these are the features that I am looking for:

1) Wireless printing. The printer should connect to my router over wifi and accept print requests from my PC, laptop, android phone, iphone, and ipad

2) Must be able to print color also

3) Sometimes, I will print photos too

Now, I have never had a printer at home, so I am kind of at a loss here. Which printer do you guys recommend with good warranty and after sales service? Also, how does the ink refills work? Which ones should I buy later and from where and what kind of compatibility checks should I do? Thanks for any responses!
https://www.amazon.in/Epson-L405-Wi-Fi-All-Printer/dp/B078Q4J5D2?tag=googinhydr18418-21

Brother DCP-L2541DW is what i have. The wifi bit works great. It connects to the router so you can print from anywhere in the house the router can reach.

It sleeps and whenever you need it wakes up does the job then goes back to sleep again. So convenient to have a photo copier. No need to run to shops the odd few times. A laser is perfect for sporadic use. Need to do a few copies then nothing for a while and again.

Part i was concerned about is whether it would work on the 5A lighting circuit but it caused no flickering lights in the room. Good purchase. Around 17k from the distributor who dropped it over within half an hour after calling. Way better than amazon

Same here. I have been using brother laser jet printer for last three four years. Happy to have automatic duplex as well as network capcity along with refill of toner.

I had lost two inkjet printers so no more interest to dried up ink issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1519723035][/DOUBLEPOST]I got DCP7065DN model of brother and costed me some 10000 4-5 years ago.

Back