Need Suggestion on tracking watch for kids

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice' started by bigbyte, Oct 1, 2018.

1. bigbyte

bigbyte Well-Known Member
    Adept

Hi Friends,

I need some suggestion on a GPS tracking watch with cellular connectivity for my kid. It should take a sim card and provide at least 3G connectivity. Should do all the basic functions like tracking alert, SOS call or message etc.

My budget is limited to Rs. 5000/- depending on the features and durability. It can be increased on feature or known brand. I am open to buying from Aliexpress/ gearbest from a reliable seller.

Please help.

2. adventureguy

adventureguy Well-Known Member
    Veteran

Too little price tbh. you won't get any reliable gps watch in this price range.

3. OP
    OP
    bigbyte

Adept

I just want the GPS functionality, no other fitness related stuff required. I searched and found many option, most of them available in USA though and priced well under 5000/.
    Even amazon India has many kid GPS tracking watch, just not sure which one to buy.

4. adventureguy

adventureguy Well-Known Member
    Veteran

Julian likes this.
  5. vivek.krishnan

vivek.krishnan If you cant see the green dot, I'm offline :P
    Veteran

^We had bought these. The main issue is that they don't work reliably, plus 2G data is needed. They use 10 MB or more per day.

6. OP
    OP
    bigbyte

Adept

That's why I wanted something with at least 3g connectivity. With cheap data rates, amount of data isn't a problem but we need something which is much more reliable.
    On second thoughts I feel a small GPS tracker with sos call facility that can be kept in kids bag is also fine, so please chip in suggestions for them as well.

7. vivek.krishnan

vivek.krishnan If you cant see the green dot, I'm offline :P
    Veteran

^The issue with 3G is that it will burn through the battery much faster vs 2G.

8. vyral_143

vyral_143 Jarvis
    Section Mod

I think Imoo Y01 fits in for your needs. It's Thailand based but seems good share in market. I got to know about this company from GSMArena article today. I am not sure how to source this one but atleast you can zero down on something.

9. delhiboy1

delhiboy1 Member
    Disciple

^^ Excellent timing for the thread. I was looking for a similar product myself. I can get it from the US as well.

Can you guys please share some suggestions based on your experience.