Need recommendation for hardware setup for Plex server

@colors6 Try Plex for kodi addon on your Firestick. Also if you are downloading Hevc rips and if they are 10 bit the firestick fails to play them. I think a proper client like odroid c2 with plex for kodi on libreelec will be enough if it just direct plays it then no problem. I think the only hiccups you will encounter are subtitle transcoding and AAC audio problems.

Read the below post for more info:
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/223080/openpht-for-odroid-c2-information-and-tips

Personally I don't think it's worth investing in a PC for your use case scenario.

As an option, can you give me any specific hardware setup for Plex server info including the cost?

If you have a Plex pass, then would suggest to get a Kaby Lake setup - it has proper hardware support for encoding and decoding H265 (GPU encoding vs CPU encoding). You can get a Skylake setup as well, it will do what you want with 720p x265 as well.

On a budget? I would go for the entry level Pentium G4560. If you want to go higher - you have the i3/i5 et all...

I am assuming that since you are looking at 720p streams, you are no videophile.

Cost - I would say that it should not cross 15K for the CPU+MOBO+8GB RAM. You can get the cost down by 2K by moving to 4GB of RAM.

If you are from Mumbai - I am planning to setup mine as well (Have been saying that for ages). Plex Pass Lifetime sub here as well.

Back