Need Help in Jailbreaking IPOD TOuch 4G!!!!

oh i have to restart the pc after doing that , i never did that :) , i changed host file and just went on with the procedure and do i have to enter the ip u provided with # or witouth #

Coz afaik # is used to comment the lines :) .

Without # so that it wont be redirected to Cydia's instead of Apple's. And fine even if you didn't reboot the comp.

@avi

He really can't update to 4.3.3 firmware as Apple has stopped signing it... He would have been able to update to 4.3.3 if he would have saved SHSH blobs on Cydia server... But to do that one needs to be on 4.3.3 firmware but unfortunately OP didn't update to 4.3.3 when he had a chance... So now he either have to stick to 4.3.2 which can be jailbroken or update to 4.3.5 and live with tethered jailbreak...

@Hades and avi ,

I used a software called tiny umbrella and managed to bypass the signing , but now it throws up error 1604 now i downloaded a software called iREB which is supposed to patch that error , should i carry on

or should i jailbreak on 4.3.2 itself (is there any very big added advantage of using 4.3.3) , for that i will need to download 4.3.2 ipsw firmware file right to jaibreak.

If you are on 4.3.2 firmware then you require iOS 4.3.2 ipsw file as redsn0w would ask you to select it while jailbreaking... You can jailbreak your iPod Touch 4G using redsn0w... Here is what i would advise you to do... First jailbreak your iPod Touch 4G on iOS 4.3.2 then the cydia icon would appear on the home screen... Open cydia and save the shsh blobs of your 4.3.2 firmware on cydia server... When the first time you would open cydia a dialogbox would open in which 'make my life easier' or something would be written... Click on yes... the shsh blobs would automatically get saved on cydia server... Now you would be having an option to downgrade from any version... After jailbreaking and saving of shsh blobs on cydia server restore your iPod Touch and then jailbreak it again...

Hi,

I managed to flash it with 4.3.3 firmware but then it doesnt show up any logo on power button ,no itunes logo as well on the screen and cant get it out of dfu mode also , it just stays over there can u tell what to do please.

@Hades .

I googled a lot and looks like there aint any solution to this problem , and i read your prev post after i had done the above steps :(, looks like i will have to upgrade to 4.3.5 , no other option i guess.

Learnt a lesson though dont be too hasty in doing anything .

Now upgrading to 4.3.5 firmware is the only option left... Before upgrading to 4.3.5 i would advice you to do something... Press and hold power + home button to kick your iPod Touch out of DFU mode while doing this make sure your ipod touch is not connected to the computer... If this trick works for you then good else upgrade to 4.3.5... You can also use tinyumbrella to kick ipod touch out of recovery mode...

tried tinyumbrella but no use , wil try ur power off method again althou tried once , looks like no jailbreak for few months for me.

So you are on 4.3.5 now ??

Hades. said:
@avi

He really can't update to 4.3.3 firmware as Apple has stopped signing it... He would have been able to update to 4.3.3 if he would have saved SHSH blobs on Cydia server... But to do that one needs to be on 4.3.3 firmware but unfortunately OP didn't update to 4.3.3 when he had a chance... So now he either have to stick to 4.3.2 which can be jailbroken or update to 4.3.5 and live with tethered jailbreak...

Editing host file should solve it right

Hey,

I have not yet put 4.3.5 , but i dont think i have any other options left .Tiny umbrella dint kick my Ipod out of recovery rather it kicked me out of the chair :p , then i tried a fix which was supposed to work for iphone 4g (sm irecovery smthing) , that powered on my ipod touch ran some shell commands and then my ipod went bakc again to its deep slumber mode :).

It should be fine if i download the 4.3.5 firmware and update it right or do i have to do restore and update directly , the problem is bsn net not stable for past 1 week , so it keeps dcing so the itunes stops downloading and again ihave to start from 0 kb :mad:

Yea have kept for download via IDM today morning :) .Anyway thanks for your help avi and Hades , will patiently wait till a untethered jailbreak is out for 4.3.5 :p.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Installed 4.3.5 just now , the ipod powered up and had a sigh of relief :).

Back