Graphic Cards Need help For repairing a Radeon GPU

BB12

Disciple
So I bought an r9 280 3gb used, Thing is that it shows lines all over the screen.
Did some research on google and maybe the GPU is likely at the end of its life!
One possible solution is to bake the card!
has anyone tried it?
And are there any shops in Pune/Mumbai area who professionally fix GPUs for reasonable costs?????

Try baking it if you have nothing to lose. I have done it twice with a GTX 460 and it worked both times. I followed Linus' video for reference.

Try baking it if you have nothing to lose. I have done it twice with a GTX 460 and it worked both times. I followed Linus' video for reference.
yeah!
I'll do it as a last resort!
because spending 7K just to get a partially working card?
IT HURTS!

When you have bought it and what brand?
If it's Zotac and the original owner registered it during his purchase, it may have a 5 years warranty.

When you have bought it and what brand?
If it's Zotac and the original owner registered it during his purchase, it may have a 5 years warranty.
It's a Saphirre R9 280 ..a pretty old card!!!!
I don't think it still has warranty!

you can attempt to reflow the BGA chip. Find a chip level / BGA repair guy in / arpund lamington road. Else ship the card to me, i repaired an 6850 long back, replaced the ATI Chip. If we can find a BGA chip cheap from ebay, it can be replaced

you can attempt to reflow the BGA chip. Find a chip level / BGA repair guy in / arpund lamington road. Else ship the card to me, i repaired an 6850 long back, replaced the ATI Chip. If we can find a BGA chip cheap from ebay, it can be replaced
Where is your place(DM)..........:p

BTW why you bought such an old card ? And before buying didnt you verified from the user if its functioning well or not?
Why not return it to him and get refund??

BTW why you bought such an old card ? And before buying didn't you verified from the user if it's functioning well or not?
Why not return it to him and get refund??
Well.......This is my first build....Its been 1 year since I bought the card and I'm still gathering all the parts!!![DOUBLEPOST=1505827318][/DOUBLEPOST]
Coimbatore.
I'll be in touch with you regarding the same!!!
Right now I'm just gonna finish the whole build......
Thank you so very much!!!!
I bought it for 7k approx.....and couldnt just let it go!!![DOUBLEPOST=1505827737][/DOUBLEPOST]
I go with Cetansha, if you can effort to reflow the GPU, there's a 90% chance that, it'll work again...
yup!!
thanks!
Actually i live in Pune...
do you know anyone who can reflow the gpuin pune????

Last edited:
Back